Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Your thoughts about Worldwake so far

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Lynolf

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject: Your thoughts about Worldwake so far Reply with quote

Greetings, planeswakers!

Now with half of the Worldwake set previewed, I was wondering what was your opinion so far about this new set. What formats will it influence? What are the most exciting cards until now? Which new decks will appear in Standard and Extended and which ones will get stronger? Mr. Green
MotC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the cards revealed so far, not much will change in my opinion. This set seems very pathetic competative constructed wise so far.

Last edited by MotC on Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
AMER

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infraction issued for spam - niknight
gypsy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im hoping they spoiled the bad cards first and not the "good" ones
Fridolin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:30 pm    Post subject: WW Reply with quote

I think it's a set.
P_P4E

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually thinking some of the cards are a bit too good. Not ban-able or anything like that, but they just make other cards useless which I'm not a fan of.

I think some sort of GW ramp/control archtype may come of it. At the very least Itsatrap will get stronger with some of the stuff. White Kird Ape, if it's real, is really exciting for me. Lightsaber gets a bit faster with it.

I'm happy about the man lands. I think they might be a bit too good, but magic needed them in this format again beyond treetop.

The green common land that puts a 0/1 into play is pretty good I'd say.

"reveal all cards from the top of your library until a non-land card is revealed, then put all cards into hand revealed this way"....

What does that mean, exactly? You get the last non-land card as well? It's revealed technically. Either way that's stupid for 2 mana. Treasure Hunt is the name, apparently. I assume you don't get the nonland card, and If so its much less retarded...But its still worth looking at.

Dispel is great. 1 mana counter instant is HOT.

stoneforge mystic is actually really cool I think. In 1.x you can run 1 each of the swords and some jittes. Might not be amazing, but anything toolbox like is playable.

spell contortion is a really good counterspell as well. Anything that stretches late is really good I think in the realm of current counterspells.

Dragonmaster outcast as a 1 of in naya as well? Pretty hot if it gets to working.
Ffancrzy
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P_P4E wrote:

"reveal all cards from the top of your library until a non-land card is revealed, then put all cards into hand revealed this way"....

What does that mean, exactly? You get the last non-land card as well? It's revealed technically. Either way that's stupid for 2 mana. Treasure Hunt is the name, apparently. I assume you don't get the nonland card, and If so its much less retarded...But its still worth looking at.

Why would you not get the non-land? You reveal cards till you hit a non land, then put all revealed cards in your hand, how would you know you hit a non land if it wasn't revealed.

The card isn't very good outside specific decks built around it, I don't see how this card is overpowered in the least. Because unless you hit a ton of lands, you aren't often going to hit a consitant amount of card advantage. More often then not this card will simply say, 1U, Reveal the top card of your Library, Draw a card.
Lynolf

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the right deck, it can be a true powerhouse. I don't know if it can be competitive, but for example: 48 lands, 4 Treasure Hunt and 4 Seismic Assault, and 4 tutor of some sort, Peel Through Depths maybe, with 4 Reliquary Tower included, can make a deck. And yes, you draw the non-land card you reveal.

Don't forget about Allies. They received a lot of goodies now, so its quite possible you'll see them around as well. I am still waiting for the "good blue cards" that Wizards said were going to print. The only one I've seen so far is Jace, the Mind Sculptor. But one card alone isn't enough. Not that I like blue, its in fact the color I most hate, but I miss beating blue control decks to the death. Mr. Green
OilSlick

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like some of the cards I have seen thought nothing seems crazy.

Cards I Like For T2: (If they are real)
Kor Firewalker - Needed a card to fight red, pretty good
Urge to feed - Probably be a 3-4 of in any vamp deck
Kalastria Highborn - Also pretty nice 2-3 of
Marshals Anthem - I think this card has definite potential
Omnath, Locus of Mana - See Above
Searing Blaze - This is just a great spell
Ground Swell - Also good spell
Death's Shadow - Maybe
Bestial Menace - Seems ok

Omnath and Marshals Anthem may lead to some new deck creations. Vampires seem to have gotten better. Kor firewalker will help vs jund and mono red. Other cards are interesting...
P_P4E

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ffancrzy wrote:
P_P4E wrote:

Why would you not get the non-land? You reveal cards till you hit a non land, then put all revealed cards in your hand, how would you know you hit a non land if it wasn't revealed.

The card isn't very good outside specific decks built around it, I don't see how this card is overpowered in the least. Because unless you hit a ton of lands, you aren't often going to hit a consitant amount of card advantage. More often then not this card will simply say, 1U, Reveal the top card of your Library, Draw a card.

You gain an advantage if you hit 1 land then a card. Its a pretty damn good card. Its better than what you can play now namely conjures capsule or divination.
Ffancrzy
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still not that good compared to not shitty Card Draw
Deuce

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would seem quite good to me. At worst its 1U cycling for random business card at best it goes past land glut and you draw bunch of cards including 1 business card. If you just got Top with it. Smile
Khudzlin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are always people who will complain about the shuffler... even though MWS's shuffler is as good as you can make it (the only limitation it suffers from is the lack of truly random numbers and this is imposed by the very way a computer works)

aside from that, the card is not much better than drawing 1, unless you know what's on top of your library
Lynolf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard that the new ogre, Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs, seems to be pretty cool... Rolling Eyes
Tao

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remained hopeful. Until I saw the spoiler tick in at over 100 this morning and realized there is still not a single chase rare past Jace. Worldwake is an absolute failure unless they've REALLY been keeping the goods under wraps.

Which they might be doing.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2