Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Online Deck Evaluation Service? Useful for you?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues

Online Deck Evaluation Service?
Interesting, I will give it a try
55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
Not useful for me at all
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Not idea what the hell is it~
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 9

Tao

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like a good idea, until you realize that is exactly what magic-league forums are. Which means, you'd get a bunch of idiots sending in crap decklists, and more than likely have a bunch of idiots reviewing the decklists. And if they're not complete idiots, then they're out there testing their own stuff and getting better on their own or amidst a playgroup.

I'm not trying to shoot the concept down, but I doubt the input provided from such a service would be very reliable.
Weedmonkey

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not a Magic-League service being proposed. This is a plan by another website.

The current Magic-League website is not having new features added to it. The current code is only being maintained.
Majik

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Follow the white rabbit.....
spudfuss

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Market value? would that be the total cost of the deck cause that would be pretty pointless. im just confused by market value.
Tao

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think tcgplayer already does this. They just calculate average prices on all the cards in your deck and give you a total.
Thran_Golem

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too am confused by "market value." Most websites where you can buy cards will give you an option to find out the cost of a decklist.

If you actually mean evaluate the quality of the deck, I can't say I see how a computer program would be able to handle that. But it would be pretty amazing if it worked.
nasa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doesnt SCG offer this already?
and like every other site?
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1