Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UW control with weird lands

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks
scwizard

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:18 am    Post subject: UW control with weird lands Reply with quote

// Lands
4 [R] Tundra
3 [LG] Karakas
4 [ON] Flooded Strand
2 [CHK] Eiganjo Castle
2 [CHK] Minamo, School at Water's Edge
2 [ON] Riptide Laboratory
1 [UNH] Island
1 [UNH] Plains
1 [SOK] Oboro, Palace in the Clouds
1 [M10] Glacial Fortress

// Creatures
4 [TSP] Mangara of Corondor
4 [MOR] Vendilion Clique
4 [LRW] Spellstutter Sprite
2 [ARB] Meddling Mage
4 [M10] Baneslayer Angel
2 [TSP] Serra Avenger

// Spells
4 [AL] Force of Will
4 [4E] Swords to Plowshares
4 [DS] AEther Vial
4 [5E] Brainstorm
3 [LRW] Oblivion Ring

// Sideboard
SB: 2 [ARB] Meddling Mage
SB: ? [ZEN] Spell Pierce
SB: 4 [PLC] Stonecloaker
SB: Some other cards

I've tested this against my brother playing the zoo list here: http://sales.starcitygames.com/deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=30809
And the games are split around 50/50 presideboard (we didn't play full matches, only a bunch of g1s). The biggest problem is that he kills my Mangara with burn. I'm going to look into Mother of Runes in an attempt to mitigate that problem. My greatest strength against zoo is that baneslayer angels appear to be hax against aggro.

Other than that I don't have a clear grasp on what this deck's matchups are. I know that I've beaten shitty players playing good decks such as ANT, countertop and landstill, but I think that would happen regardless of what deck I used. I don't think this deck is all that bad though. My rating is levitating above 1600, which is about where it would be if I netdecked something random according to my past experiences.

It's hard to find enough legacy league games to do any real testing. For instance I'd need to play five matches against a good ANT pilot to have even the faintest clue how my deck handles ANT, and I haven't even played one such match.

So since testing is so hard, I'm just going to post my deck here and let you people tell me why it's the worst piece of shit you've even seen.
Bantos86

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's hard to find enough legacy league games to do any real testing

So...why not just ask for a casual game then?
scwizard

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because beating up causal decks tells me nothing about the strength of my deck. Beating up bad players also tells me nothing about the strength of my deck.

I didn't build this deck to be a causal deck.

EDIT: With my brother I'm going to do testing against vial goblins today. Vial goblins isn't as autopilot as zoo, which may make the results more meaningless than the zoo testing though.

EDIT: My deck is autoloss against vial goblins Sad
Used this version: http://sales.starcitygames.com//deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=30749
endbringer1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can put 4 Propagandas in sideboard, or 4 Wrath of God.
Or even both, if this match is unwinnable
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1