Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PT San Diego

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Truth-
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:48 pm    Post subject: PT San Diego Reply with quote

My parents won't let me go after I qualified. I am 18 so I can go without their consent. I have never remotely even thought about doing anything like going even though they said I can't. My dad has some crazy protective issues. On top of that I am really scared of him. Should I go even though they say no or should I just get over it and not piss them off.
HHH1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should go dude if your parents dont like it too fucking bad its your choice not theres do what you want to do not what they tell you to do if magics what makes you happy go for it
Tao

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dooooooooooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttttt.
AkYo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell them how important it is to you. This is where you become a man and take responsibility for your own actions Very Happy

I'm going to the LCQ because I live here in SD so when i qualify you better give me a good list to play

Last edited by AkYo on Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Truth-
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know I would totally do that but I have to come back to them and live heh... : (
AkYo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truth .. the truth is you're 18 and if they care about you so much they won't kick you out.. worst comes to worst you can live with a friend.. I recently moved out of my overprotective parents house at 23.. don't get too comfortable Razz
Weedmonkey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel the wrong question is being asked and the wrong answers being given. Instead of responding to whether or not he should go, perhaps people should try and aid Truth in getting so San Diego?

(small aside, no I'm not supporting defiance of parents whenever they say no to something. However, when Magic clearly makes a person happy and your parents don't support it, my philosophy is to tell them to go get nicked and find a way to do it)
AkYo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for every action there is a reaction.. maybe your parents are testing you this is your chance to prove yourself. I'm serious they will be proud of you at all costs. I mean the only way you could ease the situation instead of having them being upset is tell them .. this is a high priority at the moment and you don't want them to be upset for disobeying but to understand that this is something you want to do for yourself. It will be a great experience for you. Promise them you will call to check up on your situation. Trust me dude it gets easier when you communicate.
teh_hetero

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truth-, you should definitely go. It's the opportunity of a lifetime.
LilDan
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go for it. Seriously, your parents shouldn't have these issues. I left my parent's house at the age of 16. If you have your way this time, maybe they'll just get to grips with the fact that you can now do whatever you want and they'll be more reasonable in the future.
Shooter
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

go obv
mchosa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rofl u r luzr
dv8r

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually going to say discuss it with your parents properly, without getting into a strop, and ask why exactly they don't want you to go... whether it's a money thing or w/e, or they are worried about you or w/e and try to talk it out. Explain how important it is to you, how you have flights paid for, how it's free money to be made and how you will be under the care of good, reliable people.

If that doesn't work, I strongly suggest not going, and making them feel like crap about it for the next few months.
OldBear

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dv8r wrote:
I'm actually going to say discuss it with your parents properly, without getting into a strop, and ask why exactly they don't want you to go... whether it's a money thing or w/e, or they are worried about you or w/e and try to talk it out. Explain how important it is to you, how you have flights paid for, how it's free money to be made and how you will be under the care of good, reliable people.

If that doesn't work, I strongly suggest not going, and making them feel like crap about it for the next few months.

Most adult advice on thread by someway.
Jacois

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't I see a movie about this once?
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2