Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WW/u Weenie

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Tao

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep it mono white, make the curve more aggressive, add Elspeths and Ranger of Eos for card advantage. That'll probably be much more consistent than splashing for Deft Duelist and unnecessary card draw.
Bantos86

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, Borderposts ARE NOT LANDS and SHOULD NOT be used in the place of lands.

You need more than 17 lands.
Majik

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Elspeth is much more powerful than ajani. I understand your thinking, nice to add a counter on all creatures. I would SB 1-3 Ajani G though.

Adding Ranger would pointless since u have no 1cc critters.

I do agree that u could remove duelist and the blue. That would open 6-8 slots for you to add some fire power. Maybe conquerers pledge, wall of reverence is always nice, Coup. Or add safe passage in there. whispersilk cloak maybe playable in this deck? put that on slayer and she becomes really unstoppable.
SJM

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Needs moar force spike.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

17 lands (and 4 borderposts) are not enough. You need to be able to play two or more spells per turn as soon as possible. One per turn = gg.

19 creatures aren't enough.

You don't need card drawing. Using 4 mana to draw two extra cards are turns wasted which you cannot afford.

4 Oblivion Ring are too many.

White Weenie isn't faster than RDW and Boros Bushwhacker. Your deck will defend vs those. It won't kill Jund before it got some major beaters on the board either. In short, you need to compensate with the card power of cards like Conqueror's Pledge and Ajani Goldmane + Honor of the Pure etc.

As it is now, blue brings nothing to your deck. You can fix that by adding Meddling Mage (good with Brave the Elements) and either going more control or more aggro - right now your aggro capability is weaker than WW and your control capability is weaker than UW control. It ends up doing/being neither...
Bantos86

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vedrfolner wrote:
17 lands (and 4 borderposts) are not enough. You need to be able to play two or more spells per turn as soon as possible. One per turn = gg.

19 creatures aren't enough.

You don't need card drawing. Using 4 mana to draw two extra cards are turns wasted which you cannot afford.

4 Oblivion Ring are too many.

White Weenie isn't faster than RDW and Boros Bushwhacker. Your deck will defend vs those. It won't kill Jund before it got some major beaters on the board either. In short, you need to compensate with the card power of cards like Conqueror's Pledge and Ajani Goldmane + Honor of the Pure etc.

As it is now, blue brings nothing to your deck. You can fix that by adding Meddling Mage (good with Brave the Elements) and either going more control or more aggro - right now your aggro capability is weaker than WW and your control capability is weaker than UW control. It ends up doing/being neither...

Listen to the man. He speaks the truth.
Tao

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always listen to what Vedrfolner posts. I have honestly never seen him post something irrelevant, useless, or even wrong. I've come to the realization that he may be the most reputable user on here.
Bantos86

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonproject wrote:
Always listen to what Vedrfolner posts. I have honestly never seen him post something irrelevant, useless, or even wrong. I've come to the realization that he may be the most reputable user on here.

Seconded.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1