Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

These Valakut Ramp decks

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
kaamos

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:21 pm    Post subject: These Valakut Ramp decks Reply with quote

Ive been running into them quite a bit recently, RG decks with Valakut, some burn, blood elves, harrow, green expedition.

I am getting annoyed this deck doesnt have enough defense to beat MY speed, but in theory it would probably beat alot of control decks.

Who here has been playtesting this deck, I'd like to see your results on the tier deck matchups.
AdinTheDark

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like them alot I have been testing one for a bit and doing well I think. Control match ups are very good 80/20 really Spread'em gives you some problems but run seige goblin rune and elves for beats can over come but the match up is still 50/50.

Against Boros the match up is way better after SB... Well and fast aggro really.

I have not lost to a Jund deck with it... Very Happy
Thanik

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odd decks. I almost never lose to them unless they get double siegegang.
Benobi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From someone who actually plays this archetype, it's important to note that there is not a "typical" list like there is for a deck like Jund; there are a bunch of different variants on the Valakut Ramp deck, ranging from creatureless to creature heavy, playing different packages of Planeswalkers and burn spells, and some even splashing for a third color. Basically this means that the Valakut deck can be tuned to have a decent matchup against pretty much any deck out there, but it does so by sacrificing its strength in another matchup. So moral of the story, don't blow it off because you beat it once on MWS, because the next one you play might be completely different.
Thanik

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benobi wrote:
From someone who actually plays this archetype, it's important to note that there is not a "typical" list like there is for a deck like Jund; there are a bunch of different variants on the Valakut Ramp deck, ranging from creatureless to creature heavy, playing different packages of Planeswalkers and burn spells, and some even splashing for a third color. Basically this means that the Valakut deck can be tuned to have a decent matchup against pretty much any deck out there, but it does so by sacrificing its strength in another matchup. So moral of the story, don't blow it off because you beat it once on MWS, because the next one you play might be completely different.

Yeah I've seen a few. They all need siege-gangs, although I haven't played any with several planeswalkers, just some chandras.
kaamos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i blew it off i wouldnt post about it

I always go 2/1 and ive played it 8 times (roughly)
Adiref

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://magic-league.com/deck/57886/standard_t2.html#RG Valakut Ramp39785

Rolling Eyes
Insom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Viable deck but has a different feel to it and requires a little learning to figure out how to play it. I have run into a lot of people playing it horribly.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1