Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quenchable Fire additional damage

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
chakal-PT

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:27 pm    Post subject: Quenchable Fire additional damage Reply with quote

If my opponent plays Quenchable Fire and deals the first 3 damage to me, can I pay U on his turn if I have mana for it, or do I have to wait for my turn to do it?

("It deals an additional 3 damage to that player at the beginning of your next upkeep step unless he or she pays U before that step.")

It deals the additional damage on my upkeep, but I just have to pay U before that phase, dont need to wait for my turn to do it... If I pay on my opponent's turn, that's before my upkeep anyway, am I right?

Thanks.
SidMeier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it deals damage to you on your Opponents next upkeep step, not yours, if you can pay it before your opponents main phase is ended then it's condition is met and it won't deal 3 again.
Hardtrack

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can pay one blue mana whenever you want, but if you want to stop the extra damage you have to do it before his next upkeep starts. Once his upkeep starts, you'll get dealt an extra three damage.
chakal-PT

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it deals the additional 3 damage to me on my opponent next upkeep phase, not mine... My bad... Wink

Anyway, my doubt was about being able to pay U on the same turn Quenchable had been played, in order to don't have to tap one land on my turn. And you already confirm that I can do that...

Thanks about the quick answer! Appreciated that Wink
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1