Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

does my deck suck

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
the_dm

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: does my deck suck Reply with quote

i just started playin and my friend made me a deck and can anyone tell me if it sucks:
6 Forest
16 Island
1 Mahamoti Djinn
1 Roughshod Mentor
4 Fencer Clique
1 Rendclaw Trow
1 Parasitic Strix
1 Wind Drake
2 Woodlurker Mimic
1 Storm Crow
2 Norwood Ranger
2 Odious Trow
1 Tukatongue Thallid
1 Frontline Sage
3 Beastmaster's Magemark
2 Disperse
1 Remove Soul
1 Worldly Counsel
1 Constricting Tendrils
cardplayer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: t2 deck? Reply with quote

not only does that deck suck..... you posted it into the t2 deck fourm and it is not a t2 deck try again
spudfuss2

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: 60 cards Reply with quote

you only posted 48 cards decks have to have 60 cards, and run 4 ofs of most cards
apocchime

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deck seems fine, you might consider some misty rainforests and tropical islands to smooth out your manabase
Sigil

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: 60 cards Reply with quote

spudfuss2 wrote:
you only posted 48 cards decks have to have 60 cards, and run 4 ofs of most cards

Actually, you don't "have to" run 4 ofs anything.
kaamos

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it sucks.
OilSlick

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes
Xctu

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deck is fine, but you should try to get some Ancestral Recall and Black Lotus for faster starts and probably Tropical Island for a better manabase.
svladcjelli2

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your deck sucks SOOO much.... that you must be a troll.
SJM

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trolled imo.
HujuVanikil

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SugarShark wrote:
2 bloodbraid elves is enough

I prefer running 8 bloodbraid elves works well until your cascade reveals 4 of them.
GaryOak

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for all these responses lacking seriousness. I can imagine itīs not so much fun when u just start out. First thing is that there are a lot of different types of decks you can make. For example in Standard (also called T2) you only use cards from the latest 2 blocks and the latest core set which currently means: Zendikar, Alara Block and M10.
Most people around here play competitive Magic. So decks that are build out of a bunch of random cards aren't taken seriously here. If you google around a bit you can find out a whole lot about the game and different cards. So to answer your question if you just play casual with friends at school or whatever try tuning the deck with different cards that fit the strategy you want to use. If you want to play competitive try downloading: magic workstation (google it) and use decklists from this site to get the idea how good decks play.
SoloRenegade

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: does my deck suck Reply with quote

Generally when playing you want 20-26 lands depending on what kind of deck you have and what land you have. Average deck without fancy rare lands put 23-24.

As well you generally want "4" of's with cards. All your key cards should be multiple copies. The only reason to go less is if they have a high mana cost and you don't need to play many, not enough space, or it's a combo/tutor piece.

Also form a curve with your deck. If you are aggressive have cheap spells with big payouts, If you're control have card advantage to compensate for pricier mana costs, as well have cheap removal spells to delay the game till you can get online.

If you want to learn I suggest grabbing a "netdeck" list and using it. Play people and just auto pilot the deck till you get a feel for the game. You'll see what other people do this way. When you have an idea of current strategies then attempt to build you're own. Also research decks that may seem similar. A lot of people try to build "pet decks" and will probably have some ideas for any fun gimick or theme you want to play.
Kami5909

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: 60 cards Reply with quote

Sigil wrote:
spudfuss2 wrote:

Actually, you don't "have to" run 4 ofs anything.

He actually put a comma there so it's two separate thoughts, "have to" only applies to "have 60 cards."
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2