Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MTG Articles - What do you want?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Weedmonkey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:29 am    Post subject: MTG Articles - What do you want? Reply with quote

Heya,

With the coverage overhaul currently in progress, I'm looking to make a push for people to write more articles.

I've written a handful of articles over the past year. They haven't all stuck to one area. There are a great deal more that I have begun writing about, but have discarded because either I feel that the quality isn't there or the idea isn't one that translates well into an article.

So what I want to know is - what do you guys want to read about? The more specific the better. There are other sites that present articles on a regular basis, but whether or not they are missing something is what I want to find out.

Have at it Very Happy

Cheers,
Roo
Jacois

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make a good rogue deck and write an article about it. How you got the idea, how it evolved through testing and what not.

T2 or ext would be ideal.
InWaking

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with jacoise rogue decks are my personal favorite so it would be awesome to see your take on how you and others go about building the breath of fresh air.

i also like the idea of in depth deck analysis when it's done right take the basic jund for instance then pair it against the 5 most other prominent decks and write about how you should play it what you should side in and out and alternative cards depending on the local meta.
OldBear

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me the most important thing is the article says something orignal that has not been said before or illustrates important points in getting better as a magic player, (this will most likely involve repainting discussed topics) but making them more accessible to everyone would be the thing here.
ik
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also agree with the idea of in-depth deck analysis articles Razz I remember reading one on RB Husk a long time ago (kinda?) that was really good ^^
caesarthehun

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with trotsky1 and the others in saying that doing an original deck idea would be great.
Also, perhaps humorous or super casual and rather random articles about magic like they did in the heyday of inquest!
mchosa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the most relevant thing to discuss is extended strategy.
i also would like to see an article on the mirror match, specifically the t2 jund mirror and the ext. zoo mirror. probably some of the most played matches in a tournament lol
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1