Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1k event this weekend!!

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
MaksymGryn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
jund is going to come out in hoards

Quote:
want to play jund

Quote:
jund

I think you have your answer.
dwarfas

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trap!

play summoner's trap. sphinx and win!
wrxkid950

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mono white? all the pro black and black removal should be key vs all the jund. or mono red?
MotC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't go, It's not worth it. 1k prizes is absolutely nothing with a $20 entry with like 200 players. Not worth your time and money. This might be my assumption because I play alot of poker, but it really isn't worth it.
Tuffy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Play Junk...similar to the list that Matt Yeager played at the 5k in st. louis. It has a good jund/boros/rdw matchup. If Jund is gonna be there then monored is gonna be there in hords as well, so the best thing to do is play the deck that beats both.
MotC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuffy wrote:
Play Junk...similar to the list that Matt Yeager played at the 5k in st. louis. It has a good jund/boros/rdw matchup. If Jund is gonna be there then monored is gonna be there in hords as well, so the best thing to do is play the deck that beats both.

Actually Jund is very lightly played in VA. Might be different because its after states but if you go by states Jund wasn't as populular as pretty much every other state.
SJM

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MotC wrote:
Don't go, It's not worth it. 1k prizes is absolutely nothing with a $20 entry with like 200 players. Not worth your time and money. This might be my assumption because I play alot of poker, but it really isn't worth it.

Most magic tournaments are HUGGGGE rip offs in terms of money collected vs. pay outs.

The tournament organizers make thousands of dollars off of every tournament.

Huge racket really.
SJM

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MotC wrote:
Tuffy wrote:

Actually Jund is very lightly played in VA. Might be different because its after states but if you go by states Jund wasn't as populular as pretty much every other state.

Jund was a very small percentage of the field in Virginia. There was a ton of Bane Slayer Angel decks. I think this is because Virginia has a large concentration of moderately wealthy people in Northern Virginia so they can afford to drop hundreds of dollars on a few pieces of card board.

Only one Jund deck made top 8 in Virginia.

This was highly unfortunate because my friend and I were playing Mono-Red anticipating a lot of Jund but we only saw 1 Jund deck between the two of us in 16 matches.

There were a ton of people playing "anti-Jund."
MotC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SJM wrote:
MotC wrote:

Most magic tournaments are HUGGGGE rip offs in terms of money collected vs. pay outs.

The tournament organizers make thousands of dollars off of every tournament.

Huge racket really.

Yes they are. Thats why pretty much the only events I care to go to is FNM, Prereleases and PTQs. The only reason I go to PTQs is because I enjoy them even though the prize support is absolutely horrible.

I only might participate in the SCG Invitational 10ks because I like invitational type events. I think there are 4 10ks next year within a 5 hour drive so I don't mind too much about going.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1