Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2 decks. You'd play which one?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
standarizeMA

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: 2 decks. You'd play which one? Reply with quote

Just curious to see personal opinions. Most know Cambria and his Naya Brew went 6-1 in t8 of worlds however Nacatls werent consistant enough for me regardless of knowing how powerful Ranger of Eos can be. Anyway, here's Jund, here's Naya. Which would you play / think is better?

3x Borderland Ranger
3x Siege-Gang Commander
3x Master of the Wild Hunt
4x Bloodbraid Elf
4x Sprouting Thrinax

4x Bituminous Blast
4x Blightning
4x Lightning Bolt
3x Maelstrom Pulse
3x Terminate

4x Savage Lands
4x Verdant Catacombs
4x Rootbound Crag
3x Dragonskull Summit
1x Kazandu Refuge
4x Forest
3x Swamp
2x Mountain

3x Baneslayer Angel
3x Siege-Gang Commander
3x Master of the Wild Hunt
3x Borderland Ranger
4x Bloodbraid Elf
4x Whooly Thoctar

4x Path to Exile
4x Lightning Bolt
3x Ajani Vengeant
2x Elspeth, Knight Errant
2x Journey to Nowhere

4x Jungle Shrine
4x Arid Mesa
3x Rootbound Crag
2x Sunpetal Grove
4x Forest
4x Mountain
4x Plains
SJM

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both versions are too slow.

You're running borderland ranger over rampant growth which is awful for a lot of reasons.

Then your Naya doesn't run any noble hierarch, which is also awful.

If you take either of those decks to states you will go like 4-4, and at least 2 of your wins will be against people playing weird allies decks with 3 honor of hte pure because they don't have 4.
JedD

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SJM wrote:
Both versions are too slow.

You're running borderland ranger over rampant growth which is awful for a lot of reasons.

Then your Naya doesn't run any noble hierarch, which is also awful.

If you take either of those decks to states you will go like 4-4, and at least 2 of your wins will be against people playing weird allies decks with 3 honor of hte pure because they don't have 4.

I'd bet all kinds of money that you have no idea why either deck plays Borderland Ranger and why it should be played over Rampant Growth.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because it is better when cascaded into?

That is not a good enough reason.
standarizeMA

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: well Reply with quote

My team has tested both rampant growth and borderland ranger and having a guy often times is a lot better. If i had broodmate dragon, I'd think Growth is better but instead of seeing things one way and trying to make yourself feel better by assuming u cant be wrong, be a little flexible next time, or find someone else's post to comment on. Thanks. I dont think any are too slow. Boros is an unfavorable matchup regardless. I was thinking about playing Leech was its just so bad in the mirror, which, is still the best and most played deck.
magicman85

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why use Journey to Nowhere over Oblivion Ring? The 1 additional mana to allow exile of artifacts and enchantments is worth it I think.
standarizeMA

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject: ya Reply with quote

I guess I can see how Oblivion Ring is strictly better I just thought the mana cheaper could be okay. Main purpose is to get rid of Sprouting Thrinax or Baneslayer Angel ya kno?
gypsy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

magicman85 wrote:
Why use Journey to Nowhere over Oblivion Ring? The 1 additional mana to allow exile of artifacts and enchantments is worth it I think.
i think removing planeswalkers is a bit better than removing artifacts or enchantments
standarizeMA

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:55 am    Post subject: ya Reply with quote

I can see that. The mana cheaper apparantly doesnt matter even though the white decks in t8 of worlds all packed Journey in the sb.
coolcreep

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: ya Reply with quote

standarizeMA wrote:
I can see that. The mana cheaper apparantly doesnt matter even though the white decks in t8 of worlds all packed Journey in the sb.

Why ask for advice if you are just going to say YA WELL YOU DIDNT TOP8 WORLDS!!!!1one!!11!1 lim x->0, sin(x)/x!1!
spudfuss2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: jund Reply with quote

In these two versions i would play the jund version with 1 change, i would find room for 2-3 garruks you have master and siege gang and garruk would great for a kill con with either one of them. i would suggest cutting 1 terminate and one blast.
in the naya deck i would opt for rampant growth over the ranger because you have what 15 4 drops. ramp will fix your mana and allow you to drop a 4 drop on turn three, ranger would be your first creature and wouldnt really allow you to do too much more on turn 4.
SJM

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JedD wrote:
I'd bet all kinds of money that you have no idea why either deck plays Borderland Ranger and why it should be played over Rampant Growth.

Implying that you have money and don't live in your mom's basement.

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
SJM

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: well Reply with quote

standarizeMA wrote:
My team has tested both rampant growth and borderland ranger and having a guy often times is a lot better. If i had broodmate dragon, I'd think Growth is better but instead of seeing things one way and trying to make yourself feel better by assuming u cant be wrong, be a little flexible next time, or find someone else's post to comment on. Thanks. I dont think any are too slow. Boros is an unfavorable matchup regardless. I was thinking about playing Leech was its just so bad in the mirror, which, is still the best and most played deck.

Broodmate Dragon is spectacular and not running it is simply wrong.
SJM

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either way I'd run 1-2 oran rief in either deck.

I still say they're both too slow.
Thanik

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Too slow, run more 6cc dragons' wut?
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2