Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

All-In Boros Bushwhacker

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Pillsburry

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: All-In Boros Bushwhacker Reply with quote

I find this list to be faster then the original build. 21 lands might seem low to some people but I haven't been severely mana screwed as of yet so I like it that way. It goes for the quick kill running ALOT of 1 drops.

// Lands
2 [ZEN] Scalding Tarn
2 [ZEN] Marsh Flats
4 [ZEN] Arid Mesa
4 [ZEN] Plains
5 [ZEN] Mountain
4 [ZEN] Teetering Peeks

// Creatures
4 [M10] Elite Vanguard
4 [M10] Jackal Familiar
4 [ZEN] Goblin Guide
4 [ZEN] Steppe Lynx
4 [ALA] Ranger of Eos
4 [ZEN] Goblin Bushwhacker
4 [ZEN] Plated Geopede

// Spells
4 [M10] Lightning Bolt
4 [ZEN] Burst Lightning
3 [CFX] Path to Exile

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [M10] Celestial Purge
SB: 4 [M10] Harm's Way
SB: 4 [CFX] Mark of Asylum
SB: 2 [M10] Manabarbs
SB: 1 [CFX] Path to Exile

Goblin Bushwhacker is better then ever with all those 1 drops.
Pillsburry

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try it out.
R3wind

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are missing the second best creature in the deck! Kor Skyfisher is very good in this deck. He powers up the landfall creatures, returns Rangers and Bushwackers, and is way undercosted.

I would cut the Goblin Guide for him for sure!
metzel_usa

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skyfisher is a 2 drop...and it has evasion..and skyfisher + bushwacker, ranger, or a land is better than attacking with a 2/2 that gives opp an advantage and makes a terrible 2/1 mediocre at best...sure turn 1 jackal turn 2 guide 1 drop is sick...skyfisher would give you more consistency mid game as eos + skyfisher actually give you a mid game...id say either -4 jackals or -2 of each jackal and guide since eos can go grab 1 of each and be legit...idk your list looks pretty similiar to mine but is still lacking anythign past early game
Pillsburry

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QuaziPance wrote:
r3wind wrote:
You are missing the second best creature in the deck! Kor Skyfisher is very good in this deck. He powers up the landfall creatures, returns Rangers and Bushwackers, and is way undercosted.

I would cut the Goblin Guide for him for sure!

Skyfisher is great, but this deck wins do to its one drops, replacing 4 of them with 4 3 drops is not going to make it win more often.

Also, taking out 4 goblin guides makes jackal familiar a wasted card most of the time.

taking out 1 goblin guide and 1 jackal for 2 skyfishers might be worth testing though.

The mana base seems weak to me. Not because you are going to get mana screwed, but because you have a high chance of being forced into playing fetch lands first turn (and thus not getting the landfall off of them). This may be better than drawing into mana though, so if it's working for you then I suppose it's not so bad.

The most common built runs 4 mountain 3 plains, it has even less chance of getting a basic land t1.
R3wind

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the list that I am running for referance. Really it's all about abusing CIP effects. I have great control match most of the time with Rangers, Ajani, and Gobo Ruinbllaster from the side. Elspeth is great in the mirror.

// Lands
8 [ZEN] Plains (2)
8 [ZEN] Mountain (1)
4 [ZEN] Arid Mesa
4 [ZEN] Teetering Peaks

// Creatures
4 [ZEN] Goblin Bushwhacker
4 [CFX] Hellspark Elemental
4 [ZEN] Kor Skyfisher
4 [ALA] Ranger of Eos
3 [M10] Jackal Familiar
3 [ZEN] Steppe Lynx

// Spells
4 [M10] Lightning Bolt
4 [ZEN] Burst Lightning
3 [CFX] Path to Exile
3 [ALA] Ajani Vengeant

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [ZEN] Goblin Ruinblaster
SB: 3 [M10] Harm's Way
SB: 3 [CFX] Celestial Purge
SB: 3 [ALA] Elspeth, Knight-Errant
SB: 2 [ALA] Oblivion Ring
Pillsburry

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safe Passage owns the mirror.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1