Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Standard Barbecue

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Molten

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:15 am    Post subject: Standard Barbecue Reply with quote

Standard Barbecue

http://www.blackborder.com/q/node/3782

U.S. Pro player Gerard Fabiano presents his take on Mono Red for the current Standard format. This is the information you need if you are you looking to rock FNM tonight or want to win a big Standard tournament this weekend!

Level up!

http://www.blackborder.com/q/node/3782
SJM

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obvious deck is obvious.

This is another spoon fed archetype from WOTC (lol ball lightning, bolt, 2/2 haste 1 drop).

http://www.magic-league.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=12473

"However, dont overhype goblin guide. Attacking for 2 on turn 1 is awesome. BUT, it does help out the control player, and can get them through the early turns and help them stabilize. "
~kfcman

"its not tier 1 bc there is no cursed scroll"
~gypsy

"sligh also had access to a 4 damage spell that with an alternate casting cost. i.e fireblast - which allowed the deck to finish opponents a full earlier in terms of damage.

right now, most of the free spells are concentrated on the other colors, red gets the shaft.

you could still put out a competitive sligh deck with the creature base but the support spells are too weak to be relevant outside of lighning bolt."
~clinton1675

"That guy got to it before me.
Fireblast
Cursed Scroll
thats what got red decks ahead..."
~hank333

"Plus you get nowadays good creatures and built-in lifegain (Wall of Reverence, Ajani Vengeant, Knight of Meadowgrain, Ajani Goldmane, Ki-finks, Captured Sunlight, Banebitch Pussy), then now the Vampire... Red is ultimately dead if your opponent is decent... Donīt even try it is my recommendation. Or you want to luck win 1/10 games and be owned 9/10 games..."
~duodax

"They aren't fast enough to kill off the opponent before they can stabilize."
~vedrfolner

"red is basicly unplayable because we have so many great hoser cards"
~keysam

"Original Sligh had ~20 cards worth of direct burn for 3-4 damage each at 1-2 CC; right now you have 4 Bolts and trash."
~Eldariel

Every. Single. Comment. is negative.

This is what Magic-League thinks of RDW/sligh in today's standard. Pretty sure they will be proven wrong over time.
MetalDuck

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, SJM! Tell us more about your amazing Sealed Trial!

Also;

"Needs moar Skewt Mob"
~The entire fucking world.
SJM

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akeldyma wrote:
Hey, SJM! Tell us more about your amazing Sealed Trial!

Also;

"Needs moar Skewt Mob"
~The entire fucking world.

It was great.

After a 7 year break from the game I'm already proving myself to still be superior to the unwashed masses.

Not that this is a surprise to me or anyone that knows me.

HULK SMASH.
MetalDuck

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... You won a sealed trial on Magic-League, and that makes you superior to ANYONE? Really?
MetalDuck

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drop the attitude; and pick up your Skewt Mob and win some real Magic, loser.
kfcman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SJM wrote:
Obvious deck is obvious.

This is another spoon fed archetype from WOTC (lol ball lightning, bolt, 2/2 haste 1 drop).

http://www.magic-league.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=12473

"However, dont overhype goblin guide. Attacking for 2 on turn 1 is awesome. BUT, it does help out the control player, and can get them through the early turns and help them stabilize. "
~kfcman

"its not tier 1 bc there is no cursed scroll"
~gypsy

"sligh also had access to a 4 damage spell that with an alternate casting cost. i.e fireblast - which allowed the deck to finish opponents a full earlier in terms of damage.

right now, most of the free spells are concentrated on the other colors, red gets the shaft.

you could still put out a competitive sligh deck with the creature base but the support spells are too weak to be relevant outside of lighning bolt."
~clinton1675

"That guy got to it before me.
Fireblast
Cursed Scroll
thats what got red decks ahead..."
~hank333

"Plus you get nowadays good creatures and built-in lifegain (Wall of Reverence, Ajani Vengeant, Knight of Meadowgrain, Ajani Goldmane, Ki-finks, Captured Sunlight, Banebitch Pussy), then now the Vampire... Red is ultimately dead if your opponent is decent... Donīt even try it is my recommendation. Or you want to luck win 1/10 games and be owned 9/10 games..."
~duodax

"They aren't fast enough to kill off the opponent before they can stabilize."
~vedrfolner

"red is basicly unplayable because we have so many great hoser cards"
~keysam

"Original Sligh had ~20 cards worth of direct burn for 3-4 damage each at 1-2 CC; right now you have 4 Bolts and trash."
~Eldariel

Every. Single. Comment. is negative.

This is what Magic-League thinks of RDW/sligh in today's standard. Pretty sure they will be proven wrong over time.

I love love love that my quote is first. Also, i would like to add that my comment refers mostly to goblin guide in the singular, not RDW. The archetype is certainly valid. I dont think it will be tier 1 however, because as the same as every new T2, fast aggressive decks will be good for the first few weeks of the untested format. After that, control players will be able to solve the puzzle of the aggro decks and bring some balance to the format.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have to comment on my comment, which was made pre-Zendikar t2.
SJM

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akeldyma wrote:
So... You won a sealed trial on Magic-League, and that makes you superior to ANYONE? Really?

That's right.

I'm a HUGE deal. HUGE.

PM me to discuss pricing on private Magic lessons delivered over Ventrilo.
Tao

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
lol, he wins something and goes all OMNOMNOMNOM MY E-PENIS IS GROWING...

Quote:
HUGE.
Memmy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Funniest part about this entire thread, thats actually on topic. Go to the deck page that the player posted. and in the first paragraph it says that this deck already did well in a Magic League Tournament. So this message when from M-L -> Blackborder -> and back to M-L.

He took yamiyugi's deck and changed like 2 things....

And there are soooo many decks out there now, that are just coming into play that have some really good basis around them. T2 will be shaped I believe in the next week/2 weeks.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1