Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UR Runeflare combo deck

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
kaamos

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it, but i still find it inconsistent

Time warp is awesome late game with this deck, if there iS a late game, maybe though you shouldnt plan on it? ;p

Jace puts cards in their hand but doesnt help otherwise, what is that +1 damage?

You could use ior for cheepness because your sure to find lands, maybe even fetchlands fast enough.

Ascension is definitelly a must, i love it as well Very Happy

and yes the red sucks
kaamos

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jace out, you have enough draw
Snares in, keep 3 mana open and you have THAT many more runeflares in the deck (basically)
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Runeflare combo won its first trial. And that over a control deck running 4 Negates, 4 Flashfreeze main! The deck is different than what I was working on.

The first thing is Jace. He doesn't help activate the trap but he does help drawing into it and filling opp's hand. The main inconsistency in my deck is not having Mine or Font in the starting hand. That is the first thing that needs to happen if the deck is going to do anything at all. It is chosen over Snare in the winning version.

The second difference is Burst Lightning over Unsummon. The latter buys time and fills the opponent's hand, but there are many times where more burn would be better.

The third difference is Time Warp over md counterspells like Spell Pierce or Negate. Time Warp lets you find that burn spell or extra trap for final damage. I have never used it. I have found Spell Pierce's ability to protect the artifacts from Maelstrom Pulse or Oblivion Ring or protect Runeflare Trap from counterspells to be very useful.

I have used Goblin Guide in my current build, and it has proven very useful because it reduces the opponent's life by 4+ and may fill his hand with cards in the process.

It is really great that a combo deck won a tournament Smile The sad part is that if it catches on, ppl will be prepared for it and then it dies...
combomaster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanx for the big ups
SJM

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a field full of Naya, Bant, Mono-White, Mono-green, and such mid-range aggro, this deck can be amazing.

Keep up the good work.

I like the goblin guide. Seems obvious (best 1 drop aggro creature ever printed and it fills their hand for the combo).
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
6 [ZEN] Mountain (4)
13 [ZEN] Island (1)
4 [ZEN] Scalding Tarn

// Spells
4 [M10] Ponder
4 [CFX] Font of Mythos
4 [M10] Howling Mine
3 [M10] Jace Beleren
4 [ZEN] Runeflare Trap
2 [M10] Time Warp
3 [M10] Twincast
2 [ZEN] Trapmaker's Snare
3 [M10] Negate
4 [M10] Unsummon
4 [M10] Lightning Bolt

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [M10] Negate
SB: 4 [M10] Flashfreeze
SB: 4 [WWK] Dispel
SB: 3 [M10] Earthquake
SB: 3 [M10] Sleep

The current build. RDW is on its way out, so that is one horrible matchup you will see less often from now on. But Mystic WWg and Boros/Almost Boros are still decks that can be very fast, and they run Brave the Elements which is a major pain in the ass. They also have Oblivion Ring in the sideboard.

This is why Sleep is back in the sideboard. It should help a lot against these aggro decks, along with Earthquake. Unsummon is very inefficient vs these decks, as well as against the shroud posse and BBE. I may move Earthquake to the main again in its place.

Dispel has been awesome in the counterwars. No other WWK card seems helpful.

I am currently testing Ponder over Goblin Guide (and the manabase is therefore shifted 2 slots towards blue).

No need to mention that I play a very different type of game than the more burn-based versions.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6