Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UR Runeflare combo deck

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Tao

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call to Heel gets them +2 cards in hand, which is what your aim is.
OldBear

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so making this deck as soon as zen is out on modo, I'd really appreciate it if people kept the thread updated with stuff like if unsummon or call to heel is proving to be more effective for them.Razz
jordman2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the Call to Heel is im guessing mostly for game one and 2 u keep them in game 2 to see what they sided in to answer what you got
SniperMayer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still nothing with Pyromancer Ascension?
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SniperMayer wrote:

Is it necessary?
Tao

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yeah i realize that, problem is if you're not in control and that draw you gave him was in fact a solution, just to worsen your situation.

I understand what you are saying, but if most combo decks begin losing the game, the best option is race or lose. Call to Heel is a great EOT card. Imagine them having 3 cards in hand, 3 creatures in play, you go end of turn Call to Hell a creature, they go up to 5 cards. You play a Howling Mine during your turn, they go to 7 after their draw step and you double Runeflare Trap (thanks to Twincast) and hit them for 14. With some luck, you bounced the biggest creature they had last turn and kept yourself just out of range, and can then untap with more options (Runeflare Trap, Trapmaker's Snare for a Runeflare Trap, Lightning Bolts, potentially Pyroclasm their board, etc.)

It's not bullet-proof and this IS rather narrow, but I could see it being a good instant to synergize with your game plan and also a potential Time Walk, if need be. Obviously, Jund would've burned you out of the game, but there are possibilities of keeping your head above water this way. I hope someone starts winning trials with this deck.
SniperMayer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vedrfolner wrote:
SniperMayer wrote:

Is it necessary?
I just find it funny. I mean a 4x Runeflare Trap is pure awsomeness. Very Happy (Ascension with 2 counters+Trap+Twincast) Same is true for sided Archive Trap.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SniperMayer wrote:
Vedrfolner wrote:
SniperMayer wrote:

Is it necessary?
I just find it funny. I mean a 4x Runeflare Trap is pure awsomeness. Very Happy (Ascension with 2 counters+Trap+Twincast) Same is true for sided Archive Trap.

Yeah it is funny to deal 40 damage in his draw phase, but hardly necessary. That is why it is not there.
kikooo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 win condition in deck = bad. Against decks that might use Thought Hemorrhage you will either lose if they resolve it, or you will have to side in counters and always have counter mana up.
SniperMayer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why you have Spell Pierce and Archive Trap in side.
SniperMayer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want monored, you can play the red quest which doubles the damage you deal if it has enough counters.

But with blue the deck is much more stable. Counters, draws, trap tutors give a huge advantage. Archive Trap/Swerve/Spell Pierce in the side both make the deck more resistant.
Ossy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you considered Goblin Guide and Burning Inquiry? Shoving Lands into their hand + Burning Inquiry can help you trigger Runeflare in your own turn. If you're playing control, could result in 12 damage by turn 2.

E.g. Goblin Guide, Swing, 2, their turn. Land, go. Goblin Guide swing, 2, if they get a land in hand, yey, Inquiry + Runeflare = 8. =12 By turn 2. Anyway. That's just a silly luck combo. Otherwise I like the deck, but I do suggest Goblin Guide.

Edit: Also, if this has been tested, how does the Magosi do? I know it would help against control.
SJM

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody played this in the trial?

NOBODY?

Why?
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SJM wrote:
Nobody played this in the trial?

NOBODY?

Why?

I can't play in these tournaments myself, so I hoped someone would take it there and play it. Disappointed Sad
Sinidis

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody played because this deck is too easy to counter.

Jund > this deck by far (pulses blightnings hemos)
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6