Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"You Have Islands!" Post-Zen U/B

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
kaamos

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:20 pm    Post subject: "You Have Islands!" Post-Zen U/B Reply with quote

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
4 [M10] Drowned Catacomb
10 [MI] Island (2)
6 [10E] Swamp (2)

// Creatures
4 [ALA] Fleshbag Marauder
4 [ARB] Kathari Remnant
4 [6E] Sage Owl
4 [CFX] Sedraxis Alchemist

// Spells
4 [ARB] Brainbite
4 [ALA] Call to Heel
4 [M10] Convincing Mirage
4 [ARB] Deny Reality
4 [ALA] Resounding Wave
4 [ZEN] Spreading Seas

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [ZEN] Rite of Replication
(to be announced with playtesting)

I havent played any professional magic in a WHILE, also I am a new member here as it seems to be a good place for brainstorming and releasing your good ideas onto the internet (To be scrutinized or copied at the owners expense of originality.) But since I do not intend on coming back to play professionally I decided to take a swing at something cheep and effective. So scrutinize away.

Like anyone else here, it seems that if you tell me to "splash red" and "maindeck lightening bolt, terminate, blightening" I will just ignore you.

Sideboard suggestions are greatly appreciated, so are any cards that fit the synergy here, so far Im feeling Kathari Remnant isnt as usefull as something better for late game topdeck, as early game is solid for this deck (in terms of control) and I definitelly need a better answer to Stag (only removed with Fleshbag, but sideboard Replicate might work...)

The premise here is, upon recent review of what is and will be standard decks to play come the new set, I have concluded that multicolor beats is reigning second place next to Blightening beats... yea... so I naturally thought of playing land destruction but as there is almost NO land destruction available, I created this monstrosity.

How to play this deck is hard to explain, it should be self explanatory. I hardly have any bad matchups except for a birds/stag start... playtesting so far has been with paper since the deck is so cheep to make, aside from the dual lands.

Ive played many a game wherein no creatures entered the board until turn 20 on my opponents side. (even with R/G)

Best opening hand might include a second turn spreading seas, third turn wave, forth turn remnant/seas, and a 5th turn denyreality/brainbite. Got the colors you need? no, you have Islands!

A fun deck to play, not nearly as klunky as it seems, but you should mull if you dont have a wave ready for turn 3 if you play first.

~Kaamos, the crazy T2 deck maker
MetalDuck

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Splash red, and maindeck Lightning Bolt, Terminate, and Blightning.
MetalDuck

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, needs more Scute Mob. Do you like winning Magic?
kaamos

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol
kaamos

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just playtested against R/U/B and Remnant saved the day...

Hrm
GaryOak

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you could do, I don't know if this is too radical, but add in white for scepter of dominance and tap lands.. also there are some more options with white as color..
GaryOak

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4B sorcery, oppo discards a card for each swamp you control?
kaamos

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Gary:

White was a consideration for late game with resounding wave, but scepter is too slow for this. Albeit, having it vs stagg would be awesome, maybe as a sideboard switcheroo, because otherwise I have nothing vs it yet.

The fact that you mentioned the sorcery makes me realise you have not the clue how effective this is.

Every game my opponents hand is full and he has almost 8 islands, usually its close or i kill him, even vs rather aggresive decks, depends on my opening hand whether or not I get my control down.

but yea, the sorc, eh, too situational, the scepter, eh, not necessary enough, adding a color for it would change the deck, im pretty confident with the maindeck, minus maybe 4-8 cards (remnant and call to heel) but those are more for sideboard switching...

I need sideboard peeps, give me sideboard!
MetalDuck

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Needs less douche bag, needs moar Scute Mob.
kaamos

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting annoyed that people try to cheat or leave early when its not a league game, but when I join the league mirrc chan nobody responds to games

Failsauce
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And then you beat down with Sage Owl and Sedraxis Alchemist?
kaamos

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though its slow, and I agree its SLOW

It works

Almost every game
kaamos

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be around wed @ 1am EST
Play me
TaKK

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even know what to say...

First of all, 20 lands? You must mull a lot.

Let's say you get the perfect hand and turn 4 of their lands into Islands. Then... what? Beat down with 1/1 for 20 turns? Nice.
wilier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice sealed Very Happy
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3