Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GWB OBslayer control

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
mandanglelow

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: GWB OBslayer control Reply with quote

Creatures: 10
4x BoP
3x Baneslayer Angel
3x Ob Nixilis, the Fallen

Spells: 27
4x Sign in Blood
3x Garruk
2x Martial Coup
3x Harrow
4x Rampant Growth
3x PTE
3x Maelstrom Pulse
4x DoJ

Land: 24
4x Forest
4x Swamp
4x Plains
2x Sunpetal Grove
2x Terramorphic Expanse
4x B/W Fetch
4x B/G Fetch

Sb:
2x Mind Shatter
2x Identity Crisis
4x GSS
2x Qasali Pridemage
3x Dragon's Claw
2x Wall of Reverence

Been having great match ups against everything i've seen from Zen so far. B/R beats is fast for the MB but with the Claws and Walls i'm able to slow them to my speed. i feel like i have to much control in the deck and am in need of more threats. please give me some suggestions. Thanks!!!!!
Tao

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoP and Day of Judgement should not share the same deckspace. Lotus Cobra could actually be good in this deck, and I'm really not one to rave about him. Otherwise, running 2 Trace of Abundance, the last Baneslayer Angel and a singleton of sorts (I really like World Queller as a singleton) I would also cut the 2 Qasali Pridemage sideboard to finish a playset of Path to Exile and Maelstrom Pulse, there isn't a lot of artifacts or enchantments running around, and whatever random ones you encounter Maelstrom Pulse will take care of.
emoninja452

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't like dragon claw, and it seem a pretty dead card against red. you side in your claws against red game 2... you win and they side in punishing fire which is really bad news for you. you see I lightning bolt baneslayer... ohh you gain a life, I'll pay a red and get my punishing flame back and play it hitting baneslayer for 2 more, oh you gained 2 life, I spent 4 mana and a lighning bolt to kill your angel.
Tao

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EmoNinja, that is far too narrow to consider. I've played dragon's claw to bolster red matchups SOO many times before, and Punishing Fire is not gonna get there just beccause of Dragon's Claw.

Did i mention it's awesome, too?
mandanglelow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to mention that a wall of reverence with ob nixilis should be plenty of life gain that punishing fire really isn't a problem. Claw is so I can slow the game to control speed. World queller seems like a good threat but isn't worth a MD slot. Ill have to test him out.
Tao

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like him as a singleton on paper, I should add. I've tested maybe 4-5 games where I've played him, he played his role twice, won the game once, and got me a basic land off of Path to Exile the rest. You do need more dudes/ways to win, I'm probably just not thinking of any at the moment. I am certain you want the last Baneslayer Angel main though.
mandanglelow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i did some tweeking and it seems to be working well. still missing something...

-1 DoJ
-1 Sign in Blood
+1 Baneslayer
+1 Pulse

i'm still looking for another finisher or some kind of threat... thanks for the input thus far... keep it coming
Tao

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're able to control the board well enough, perhaps Luminarch Ascension or Elspeth, Knight-Errant? Even Lilianna Vess might be worth considering, as she can just start fetching up your bombs post-stabilizing. BWG is REALLY low on finishers right now, so I'm not sure I'd agree with cutting Sign in Blood. You're really going to need to see more cards and there really just aren't any other finishers I'd want to play =\
mandanglelow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm thinking about GBR... i'll post a list
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1