Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

new zendikar duals

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Hank333

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

muh... not that exciting. Tri Lands are more powerful. But if they have a basic land type or 2 attached to them... now we are talking. i checked mtgsalvation, these are not spoiled yet there, where did you see them?
durbo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="cdygrn"]
Hank333 wrote:
muh... not that exciting. Tri Lands are more powerful. But if they have a basic land type or 2 attached to them... now we are talking. i checked mtgsalvation, these are not spoiled yet there, where did you see them?

did u really said "triland more powerful"
did u forgot about fetch lands???
u can pick a taiga or a stomping ground (that u can untap for 2 life more) with it! isn't it extraordinary powerful?
BL

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Durbo, are you a robot or a human? Or just dumb?

He was just comparing them to the most similar thing we have in standard.

And btw, i dont think the comparison is accurate. If you play a two-color deck these are better. Simple as that.
Jacois

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, they're good. I like them. It will be fun to win a game at 1 life after having played 1 or more of these.
Triggers

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even the M10 duals are better than these for a two color deck. They might have been added as limited mana fixing!
Burton911

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like people are so spoiled from good Manafixing that the actually complain if the print lands like these Rolling Eyes
alvaro202

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean my BR blighting aggro deck can have some life gain? Yes please. These cards are an improvement of an old set that released duals that CIPT that had NO added ability. And if your only playing 2 allied colors these lands are superior to tri-lands (and believe me when zendikar releases dual and mono colored is coming back with a vengeance.)
Conkisstador

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you all are silly!!
magic should have LESS duals. m10 duals are PERFECT because they emphasize power in one color. perfect powerlevel. PERFECT.

duals make the game nonsensical... im a URg mage but i have a lil black and white powers too...
notice how planeswalkers don't cost RBGGGW or BBWWR2 or even WUB
power in magic is supposed to be centered in one color of mana- the main source of your power.
magic needs less duals. they already printed fetches, why have uncommon duals also?

comparing them- they are better than tri-lands. with off-color fetches now playing "shards" is not neccesary. it'll be 2 allied colors and the enemy UWR for example... and the dual you want there is UW lifegain.
OldBear

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im pretty sure control is going to love these lands.
Jacois

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about this card?

Akoum Refuge
Land Uncommon
Akoum Refuge enters the battlefield tapped.
When Akoum Refuge enters the battlefield, you lose 4 life and your opponent gains 5.
{T}: Add {B} or {R} to your mana pool.

Needlebite Trap 5bb
Instant - Trap Uncommon
If an opponent gained life this turn, you may pay {B} rather than pay Needlebite Trap's mana cost.
Target player loses 5 life and you gain 5 life.

Ah hell, then follow it up with an anathemancer, whoot!
badasssmurf

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conkisstador wrote:

notice how planeswalkers don't cost RBGGGW or BBWWR2 or even WUB

Poor Nicol Bolas... always left out Confused
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoomBring3r wrote:
I dunno, but Anathemancer will be quite far from his glorious days, when Zendikar hits the format.

Won't be a maindeck card anymore no, but since 5c control will still see play, a good sb card and very good in the other formats.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2