Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Planeswalker question #2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
kikooo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:11 am    Post subject: Planeswalker question #2 Reply with quote

I have Ajani Vengeant at 2 loyalty counters and I use his lightning helix to kill something. I then cast a new Ajani Vengeant and use the same ability again on another creature. My opponent says I can't do that. Is he right?
OldBear

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes all planeswalkers are treated as legends so when you play the second one it comes into play and then goes staright to the graveyard.
six
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trotsky, how about you read the question first?

-2 loyalty sends the first Ajani Vengeant to the graveyard, then he plays the second one, removing 2 counters to put it at 1 loyalty remaining. it's a perfectly legal play and the new Ajani Vengeant is treated as an entirely separate entity, so another (or the same) ability can be used again.
OldBear

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh missed that.
Clariax
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trotsky1 wrote:
Yes all planeswalkers are treated as legends so when you play the second one it comes into play and then goes staright to the graveyard.

Planeswalkers are not treated as legendary. They're not "treated" as anything, they're simply planeswalkers. There's a rule which says if there's 2 planeswalkers in play with the same planeswalker type, they're both put in the graveyard. This is not the same as the Legend Rule, which states that if there's 2 legendary permanents with the same name, they're both put in the graveyard. Legend Rule cares about name, planeswalkers care about subtype.
mTk-Away
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And to actually answer the question... yes, you can use the second Ajani's ability the turn you played it.

Each PW's ability may be played once per turn, and since the Ajanis are two completely different permanents, both can do their shit once. Even if you'd bounce your PW and replay it, you could still play the ability again since it simply isn't the same permanent.
Apos

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

works.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1