Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BRw deck

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
metroman722

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: BRw deck Reply with quote

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
5 [ALA] Swamp (1)
2 [M10] Plains (2)
4 [ALA] Mountain (4)
4 [M10] Terramorphic Expanse
4 [M10] Dragonskull Summit
2 [EVE] Fetid Heath
2 [EVE] Rugged Prairie

// Creatures
3 [ALA] Tidehollow Sculler
3 [M10] Magma Phoenix
4 [CFX] Hellspark Elemental
4 [ALA] Viscera Dragger

// Spells
4 [M10] Duress
3 [M10] Harm's Way
4 [CFX] Volcanic Fallout
4 [M10] Sign in Blood
4 [ARB] Terminate
4 [M10] Lightning Bolt

Cards
-Hellspark elemental- Versatile, he just sits in your graveyard until you need 3 more damage and then boom. Or late game he pulls out a path to exile or other trick that would have been spent on something better.

-Viscera Dragger- Utility, Like hellspark he can get lost in your graveyard until need be but its the draw that is great. in a pinch hes a 3/3 for 4 which is meh but could be worse and at the end of the game hes a haste 3/3 cip draw a card kinda guy.

-Tidehollow Sculler- Pre board ( which i don't have btw ) he can help beat out the cards that hurt me the most. planeswalkers especially chandra, and enchantments are real trouble spots.

-Magma Phoenix- Once youve gained control, like your holding terminates and burn and youve gotten rid of the big beaters this card is excellent. Not only can he rid the board but he can get in for damage in the process. My favorite play. Attack for 3, terminate phoenix 3 more, harms way for 2. 8 damage 3 mana.

-The rest are pretty self explanatory. Blightning is a good card but its slower which isn't necesarily a problem but i don't wanna bump my curve up too much. More unearth is great like hell's thunder but if the opponent has answers for them then their dead. I need a s/b that takes car of enchantments/planeswalkers/and relic of progenitus.
OldBear

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellspark elemental is anything but versatile.
Mr_Eko

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this looks like a big pile of dudu
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see what white brings into BR Blightning.

Play Thoughtseize rather than Tidehollow Sculler and more direct damage / Ball Lightning or something instead of Harm's Way. Then you avoid that iffy manabase and get cards that do much the same thing.

I know you try to make a new deck, but making those colours less aggressive and better in the long run (card advantage) does not make up for its shortcomings. Rather the opposite.

Red and Black does at this time not have the tools to be good control decks, and adding White (of all things) isn't going to change that.

Go RDW with black splash for Blightning, Anathemancer and Doom Blade. Or go Grixis aggro-control (i.e blue not white splash) with Mannequin etc. There are a few post on Grixis decks being discussed right now!

But BRw... no. Expect flaming.
Colossus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have nothing to gain, and everything to lose from adding white. Really, all you did was fuck up the mana base to gain what? Sculler and harm's way?

Magma phoenix will never be good in this deck, because the way I see it, you will never be in control of the game.

Also, where is anathemancer?
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1