Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Zendikar Cards (Warning Spoilers)

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
Eldar

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:08 am    Post subject: New Zendikar Cards (Warning Spoilers) Reply with quote

As I am sure everyone is aware by now it appears that wizards is giving us the greatest gift since tarmogoyf with the printing of enemy fetchlands. According to mtgsalvation they have spoiled arid mesa a fetchland for mountains and plains.

Thoughts?
CHRONICBL

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in love! The fetch lands have always been my favorite lands. They are so good even mono colored decks run them to thin out the lands. The only problem is getting your hands on a playset each is going to be expensive. In turn it will cause constructed decks to stay very pricey.
Duodax

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fake or no fake? i bet fake (the comment)
sirkozi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They gave photo:

http://imgur.com/7B2r3.png

Still I hope it's fake. Ext without fetches would be much more interesting.
Shagrath

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:49 am    Post subject: .... Reply with quote

oh noes.......... Goyf will be uber broken again...
Lynolf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now now, who where the people saying Zoo would be leaving Extended with the release of Zendikar? Mr. Green
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, they couldn't let Standard go without having 200 dollar manabases now could they?
sgt_pepper
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This totally sucks, i am so sick of seeing multicolor, but of course they have to bring more and more Duals/Fetchlands whatever. I would have loved to see standard without a super expensive manabase and extended without fetchlands. But now it seems like there isn't much that will change. Hooray...
Conkisstador

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant explain the feeling- but something inside of me definitely sank. i dont think it's a BAD thing but i too was looking forward to an extended format san fetch.

this is why post-rotation testing is retarded... people on ws do it all the time and it's utterly pontles to play with half-legal decks.

they won't be worth the supreme amounts onslaught's were because of Shads Syndrome =df: A Rare card in a smaller than 280 set that also has mythics.

Ranger of Eos is my favorite example... worth very little because there are so many more of them (30% more of them in supply then say any given Lorwyn Rare)

but omg that picture is convincing...
Kaesh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay, now extended stays the fucking same for another 3 years Evil or Very Mad
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if they will be easier to get than their friendly brethren, they will still be just as ungodly expensive. They will be legal in Standard and Extended, the two most played formats.

And forget about thinking Extended will finally change in 3 years with the rotation of the Shock Lands. Just when they are about to rotate, Wizards will reprint them. They said they would be reprinted, just not soon.
six
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conkisstador wrote:

they won't be worth the supreme amounts onslaught's were because of Shads Syndrome =df: A Rare card in a smaller than 280 set that also has mythics.

Ranger of Eos is my favorite example... worth very little because there are so many more of them (30% more of them in supply then say any given Lorwyn Rare)

but omg that picture is convincing...

that doesn't make a lot of sense. until baneslayer angel came along, all mythic rares save planeswalkers were casual fodder. now with the printing of warren instigator and mindbreak trap, wotc is upping the ante by making cards we want in tournaments mythic. enemy fetches are going to be insaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaane pricewise.
OldBear

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to post the same thing on this thread as well, does anybody else think wizards is gettingto greedy and forgetting about the players who made the game a sucess in the first place.
Lynolf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trotsky1 wrote:
I am going to post the same thing on this thread as well, does anybody else think wizards is getting too greedy and forgetting about the players who made the game a sucess in the first place.

Have I already mentioned how much I love magic-league? Mr. Green
darkwizard42
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank god for magic-league and free cards. Screw Wizards for making things so goddamn expensive...it destroys the casual player base. Who wants to waste time at an FNM where every deck played is worth like $300...all to win like...$15 of prizes...what a waste
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2