Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Possibly free magic cards, for you?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Valence

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: Possibly free magic cards, for you? Reply with quote

Yeah, I won't have any use for them soon, so maybe I can help someone else out?

I'm looking for someone who hasn't been playing long, preferably with limited access to good cards of any kind. Or if you really just can't afford them.

I've got a bunch of M10, some shadowmoor, alara block, coldsnap, planar whatever and lots of older cards, because I used to play when I was real little, then found the cards in the basement awhile back, ya know. there's enough for some okay maybe extended format, maybe standard format if you have the special nonbasic lands for it.

so yeah we'll work out how i get them to you once i've found someone i wanna give them to. but act fast, because i'll be in no real position to get them to you soon.
OldBear

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bravo a little bit of goodness.
StohS

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How soon will you be giving them away? Because I don't have any cards what so ever. I'm just starting to want to get into magic and haven't got any cards at all due to being short on money.
rast2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should call a suicide prevention hotline.

Seriously though, just go down to the local cardshop and give them to some kids.
Drayen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like some. I have very few and I've been tring to get people into the game but its hard to do when you have no ready avaliable cards. Problem is I live in NZ so yeah.Rolling Eyes Meh.
I say give them to some kids.
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone on here is gonna say "Oh im poor or yadda yadda yadda..." In my opinion, you should find a local community center or somethin to that extent and give them your cards. This way kids of your local community can get good use out of them.
acydburn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont want all the cards by any means but i do need 3 ravens crime 3 needle specters... If you have em to give away ill take em otherwise dont just give some kid the lot. Just build decks and give those away.
Valence

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StohS, do live in the US?
If not, do you live in Sweden? 'Cuz I have some sort of big discount shipping coupon to there.
fapfapfap

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have enough money for a computer, you have enough money to play Magic, at least in Limited.
IvanDano

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll surely take some of those cards off your hands...regardless of worth I could use some cards to get myself started!
StohS

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valence wrote:
StohS, do live in the US?
If not, do you live in Sweden? 'Cuz I have some sort of big discount shipping coupon to there.

I live in the US. Also if you don't feel like giving them out to random people over the internet you might as well give them out to kids near you. Either way its nice of you to be doing this.
CrushU
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My opinion is to give them to kids/interested newbies.

I'm only looking for Alara Block/M10 cards myself, but I don't have any older cards so that could be fun, too.

Most stores have collections of common/uncommon for newer players, afaik...
jebus911

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in mirrodin i started playing. I ended up having to quit playing because of some family troubles that i don't want to go into publicly about two years back, and now things are much more stable, and I'm looking to get back into competitive play, because i absolutely love magic... but i have no more cards. They were all lost in a way I'm not going to get into publicly... The current plan is to start drafting and playing in sealed events when i get into a stable living condition and the new set comes out... I don't know if I'm the kinda person you're looking for, but hey, might as well post. And if I'm not, i like drafting anyway, lol.

Last edited by jebus911 on Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
jebus911

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But i also agree that it would be good to just give them to some kid too.
Valence

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... I though about what you guys said, so I am giving them away more locally. The closest shop is at the end of the bus line from here, and I'm about to get on it in 20 minutes.

Sorry to anyone who was hoping I would hook you up. I feel like this is a better way to do this since I know how hard it is to get cards where I am. Thanks for the idea though guys.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2