Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jund, Jund!! What about Naya?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks

Does Naya Have a Solid 3 Color Build Right Now?
A. Yes
25%
 25%  [ 5 ]
B. No
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
C. Maybe with Zendikar
55%
 55%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 20

XMechaShivaX

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Jund, Jund!! What about Naya? Reply with quote

I have noticed alot of jund being played in the past couple of weeks. So, it had me thinking,where is the Naya?? We have Bant, Esper, and Jund of course. Is there really a Standard Build, that is solid, For Naya? Not the 4 and 5cc decks, but a real strong 3 color build for Naya.

Give me your opinions, I'm interested.....
killjoy84

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think that naya has some legs right now, its just not being spotlighted. bad lunen played it as naya solution, and theres been a few other top 8's with it, it just hasnt been as prominent as the jund going around.
Duodax

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naya. Needs. Dual. Lands. To. Support. Nacatl, their. strongest. card.
killjoy84

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, I think you could have made a valid point, except the period after each word made you look like a moron. Secondly, Wild Nacatl, while good, is not naya's strongest card.Bloodbraid elf or even Wooly Thoctar are better.
Duodax

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloodbraid will be played in each Deck so thatīs not the point. Thoctar only with lucky bird or even hierauch
Nacatl however would make a megabeater if yyou could swing for 3 t2 consistenliy like now in ext...
Husapi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

putrid leech
Ludz
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=28573
XMechaShivaX

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really dont see a reason for ranger of eos post rotation, unless zendikar gives us something really good, Like another Figure!
Ludz
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAR wrote:
I really dont see a reason for ranger of eos post rotation, unless zendikar gives us something really good, Like another Figure!

Ranger of Eos into 2x Wild Nacatl is often stronger than getting Figure, it's like a Broodmate Dragon on stereoids!
Duodax

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, i would like to argue if 3 3/3 for 6 mana are better that 2 4/4 flying. if you come with splitting the mana costs i say you can cheat broodmate with mq into play which often enough leads to instant scoop of the opponent.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duodax wrote:
Hm, i would like to argue if 3 3/3 for 6 mana are better that 2 4/4 flying. if you come with splitting the mana costs i say you can cheat broodmate with mq into play which often enough leads to instant scoop of the opponent.

You could also mannequin Ranger, getting your two last Nacatls to play in your turn. So instead of 4 4/4 fliers you get 2 3/2 and 4 3/3s.

In most circumstances, Broodmate is better, though. /4 and flying are two very good things for a creature to have.
alvaro202

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest issue with naya is it's lack of consistency compared to jund. Because you have to create a jank mana base to get full functionality out of nacatl + figure in the same deck, you loose turn 1 - 3 functional beats that would make the deck amazing. Jund can not play anything turn 1, turn 2 putrid, turn 3 kitchen finks and be at a better position than naya can with turn 1 figure, turn 2 nacatl (even at which has to be a 2/2 until turn 3) turn 3 Wooly thoctar. Jund also has better and more consistant cascade cards, bloodbraid will more often pick up a 3/3 or 4/4 body while naya will be casting into 3 damage, 1/1, 3/3, and 5/4 bodies with no real good % based consistency.

Naya has the POTENTIAL to be amazing because of the raw power of the cards. But in theory and in practice the deck just falls short of a jund aggro/midrange deck can hope to achieve. In every way naya's matchups are the same as jund, but 10% worse at everything.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1