Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

rbw help plz

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
metroman722

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject: rbw help plz Reply with quote

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
5 [ALA] Swamp (1)
2 [M10] Plains (2)
4 [ALA] Mountain (4)
4 [M10] Terramorphic Expanse
4 [M10] Dragonskull Summit
2 [ALA] Arcane Sanctum
2 [ALA] Jungle Shrine

// Creatures
3 [ALA] Tidehollow Sculler
3 [M10] Magma Phoenix
4 [CFX] Hellspark Elemental
4 [ALA] Viscera Dragger

// Spells
4 [M10] Duress
3 [M10] Harm's Way
4 [CFX] Volcanic Fallout
4 [M10] Sign in Blood
4 [ARB] Terminate
4 [M10] Lightning Bolt

Problem is i can't find an efficient white splash. I had rupture spire...too slow so now i use jungle shrine and arcane sanctum. The white splash is for tidehollow scullor and harms way. 2 very good cards imho. I'm starting to think i should take them back out. But im gonna wait until rotation for that because so far ive only lost to faeries. Then again im not like hard core testing so take that with a grain of salt.
IberianWolf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that mana base looks good, you're having trouble with getting the white mana? that sounds weird. anyway, try out rugged prairie, fetid heath and graven cairns. I heard they're useful.

fetid heath is probably the best because it allows the turn 2 sculler.
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see why you would want to splash white for Sculler and Harm's Way. Not to mention splash white without playing Path to Exile. Actually, I don't understand your decks strategy on winning.
TaKK

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This deck is trying to play a lot of decks as one: control, burn, aggro...

I would also like to know the win-cons.
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you mean Harm's Way is Shock #s 1,2,3? I would say playing Blightning/Thoughtseize and Shock instead of Sculler/Way would be just as good but with less manabase issues.
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking back I remember I put together a r/b/w deck a while ago. It was back before Ala Reborn/M10 so it would be out dated, so this is just a rough draft taken from the previous list with updates.

4x Tidehollow Sculler
4x Goblin Outlander
4x Anathemancer
3x Reveillark
3x Siege-Gang Commander

4x Ajani Vengeant

4x Lightning Bolt
3x Thoughtseize
3x Path to Exile
4x Blightning

3x Vivid Crag
2x Vivid Marsh
1x Vivid Meadow
4x Reflecting Pool
3x Graven Cairns
2x Fetid Heath
3x Rugged Prairie
2x Mountian
2x Swamp
2x Plains

Keep in mind I am horrible at deck designs. The manabase will probrably need tweaking. The whole deck will probrably need tweaking as how I haven't tested it at all. The SB would include Forge-Tenders, Celestial Purge, 4th copies of Thoughtseize/Path, and not sure what else. Probrably a couple Fallouts as well.

Edit- Played a few games and the deck works as planned. Hand disruption coupled with spot removal gaining the edge. The mana base needs some tweaks.
R3wind

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the Vivid Pool mana base you could play Mulldrifter with ease. Goblin Outlander would get bumped to the sideboard. That would make the deck more into a 4-5 Rock style deck.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1