Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Portable MWS

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS)
acydburn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:14 am    Post subject: Portable MWS Reply with quote

I have created a portable version of MWS. It is already updated for M10. All you have to do is download it and unzip it. Sometime in the near future I will add some basic starter decks to the release. But currently it is stable and working. enjoy!

http://www.cruelultimatum.com/mws.zip

--------------------------------------UPDATE-----------------------------------------
I fixed a problem with apprentice deck format not loading. New Version is ready to go with preconstructed decks.

Definitions of portable on the Web:

easily or conveniently transported; "a portable television set"

Last edited by acydburn on Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
getmatt201

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what do you mean by portable?
acydburn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can be put on a thumbdrive and will still work on any computer. It can be directly copied to a cd and it will still work.
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can save normal mws to a memory stick and play it on any computer.
acydburn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok well that didnt work for me at any rate its compressed and fully updated so new players wont need to update.
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I originally saw this I thought it was going to be an app for iPhone or something.
iKey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acid_Christ wrote:
When I originally saw this I thought it was going to be an app for iPhone or something.

Me too. I was so excited. Portable my ass
jetstrike

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am no longer supportiing MWS I have moved onto become a lead dev on OCTaGoN 2.... SOrry but I am not going to be updating.
ffarr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great job. Thank you for this. And I prefeare your new skin. I'm really gratefull.
ffarr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question: how can I update the card database? The card set is an exe file and obiouvsly it doesn't find the mws folder in my probgram files because mws is not installed. Could you help me?
Thank you
ffarr
ffarr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You can download the latest masterbases in zip format from www.slightlymagic.net. Just extract the files to the right folders, and you are set.

Greetz Nico

Thank you for the advice. It works, but not completely. I can upload the new master database, and it works, but when i try to play with a deck which contains at least one zendikar card it says it doesn't recognize the file. With no zendikar cards it works. That's why, i believe, he cannot upload the data folder, because he goes to find the "fake" one. I try to explain. I think he creates a fake path, in fact i can see the path: c:MWS et cetera, even if it doesn't exist. And i cannot overwrite the masterdatabase in THAT path, but i just can upload it from an external folder. I cannot do anything (apparently) in those fake folders. In fact i can upload preconstructed decks, but i cannot see them in the folder of my flash drive if i don't run the program.
I think it's worth working on it. If someone has ideas please share them.
Thank you
ffarr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, problem solved, and is not too labourios.

1: unzip the mws folder in the flash drive
2: download the latest mws database (from www.slightlymagic.net)and put it into any folder. Even on your desktop.
3: open portable mws
4: file> open libraries, and select the latest database (actually you just need to select a different database because in the next step you'll have to overwrite the old one and you cannot if it is in use)
5: now we have to overwrite the old database (and the data folder!) with the new one. in this way: copy the new database and data folder, then, in MWS: file > open libraries, follow the path c:\program files\magicworkstation (only visible trough the portable mws) and when you're in the main folder just rightclick and press paste. Overwrite.

It works and you have to do this just one time.

Bye,
ffarr
jetstrike

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan to remake portable mws sometime in the near future. The octgn dev fell through and I tried promoting OPT. But it seems people only want mws
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2