Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VERY Evil deck >=)

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

18 lands is like... 6 too few in a deck with an average converted mana cost of 3.31 (yes I calculated it!)

In order to go to 5 mana as quickly as possible, you should not miss a single land drop the first 5 turns. This means that you need 5 lands in 12 cards (or more) on average. That is 41,6%, or close to 25 lands.

Your percentage is 30. This means that you need 15 cards in 5 turns, three more than if you ran 25 lands. In that case you need to add draw cards like Mulldrifter, Jace or Sign in Blood to your deck (and hit two of them) in order to go as quickly as possible to 5 lands.

Take out the peripheral cards for more land.
ACM
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That will disturb the balance of lands and nonlands, Vedrfolner's calculations were for a 60-card deck, so you should take out 5 cards for the 5 lands.
SaTiVa
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

needs more divinity of pride Smile
OldBear

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy the looks of these forums of late wizards plan for m10 is working.
FiReBLT

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And what plan was that, trotty?
OldBear

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get lots of new players into the game, not just commenting on this thread but the threads in general ober last few weeks seem to show a rise in new players.

Its frustrating as the best advice you can really give a new player is to get out there and play, as often the decks are not good enough to feedback upon with out taking the whole deck apart and with out constantly having to explain yourself, to the point where your literally writing articles.
FiReBLT

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say it's a good thing overall though - it's nice to have new players enter the mix, although perhaps this place is a little harsh as a first experience of magic.

Fair point by you of course, but it's the only way on a place like this I guess.

Jeeves
ODJIN5000

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: evil deck. Reply with quote

yeah i had built one very similar like 3 days ago with the same concept lol but it definately needs to be tweaked. i threw in some fear creatures too so that lifelink will almost always go through.
ODJIN5000

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: evil deck Reply with quote

also check out polluted bonds :whenever an opponent plays a land combod with the sanguine bond, opponent loses 4 life right there
ODJIN5000

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: evil deck Reply with quote

i also added some syphon life and consume spirit too it as well
rentintin3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very cheap good black card is hymm to tourach. Its to good not to play in any black deck Smile
Gogogogo New players Smile
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1