Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hate for RDW, Seraph vs Reverence

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
NO-NAME

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Hate for RDW, Seraph vs Reverence Reply with quote

i`d like to you say me what card you think is better to control RDW, RG, RB decks

"Wall of Reverence" or "Guardian Seraph"
OldBear

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wall as apart from rb they pretty much can not kill it, but finks and baneslayer angel are the best.
alvaro202

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best counter to red decks is burrington forge-tender.

If your curve is high wall of reverence is really nice, if the player does not have removal they simply cannot get through it.

Baneslayer angel is all around the best card. It beats for 5 as a win condition, and all at the same time can beast any red deck wins card with first strike. It also needs to be killed using targeted removal.

RG and RDW win by knocking your HP low in the first 4- 5 turns and burning the dome for the win. The best way to stop this from happening is still with kitchen finks. For slower decks / control decks in color, plumeveil + wall of reverence gives the best defense available against all red aggro, including jund.
Apos

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wall cause it give you life the very same turn(could bring you out of burn range)
it also depends on the deck obv. aggro decks would like the seraph more
Vodka_7up

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It also matters WHAT red deck you're prepairing against. If it has one drops I'd say Forge Tender goes up in value since you'll probably want something early to prevent life loss (if it's a good red deck they'll probably have magma spray's for fink). Wall really needs another creature, like plumveil to work, so I kinda hold that against it.

I gotta agree with Trotsky1 on Baneslayer Angel, but only if you can actually interact/stall the red deck in the early game.

Oh and I imagine you're probably playing 5cc Control or Blood, why not try Rhox War Monk? The only answer they have is Flame Jav or black spot removal.
NO-NAME

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx, so i feel i was thinking right!

Last edited by NO-NAME on Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Blood_Magus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elspeht and any shitty planes are a nightmare for red deck Smile
Ajani, garruk and so on. And go for a Primal command. Burreton and seraph are good too, wall is a bit nerfed by wither guys but if you got other creatures in play is still good. Also run harms' way that can save you from a stigma lasher. Kitchen is also good to.

As a monored deck player, i can tell you we hate those cards Smile

Uh, don't forget an enchant removal if they side in everlast torment.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1