Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Elementals deck combo

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Crossbow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:44 am    Post subject: Elementals deck combo Reply with quote

Played a guy recently who had a casual elemental deck based around a clone/revelark/sac infinite combo that had a lot of same feature as the new competitve elementals deck. Unfortunately he never sent me a list and I can't see the chatlogs for some goofy reason.

Is anyone familiar with this concept? any help would be appriciated.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clone, Reveillark and Mirror Entity + a 0,1,2/x creature with a useful cip ability has been a well-known combo (they used something else than Clone) for over a year.
Hawkins

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mirror entity worked with body double while it was in type 2, but i doesn't work with clone. Clone comes in copies revalark and if you make everything 0/0's then clone brings back himself and you get three others but the real revalark doesn't comeback for him to clone. You need something like the new vampire nantuko husk guy and a guy like soul warden or murdurous redcap to finish off the rest of the combo.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah but the idea is the same... they just use different tools.
ik
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seething Pathblazer is a red Nantuko Husk that is elemental and gets first strike instead of the toughness boost Razz
onecleanceli

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it worked with body double b/c you could keep choosing the lark in the yard.. clone doesnt work that way unfortunately... if you have a sac outlet like nantuko husk or something, then yes, it would work by just sac'ing the clone over and over on top of w/e you want to 'lark' back in with it...
i.e.:
lark + husk in play, mulldrifter in graveyard, play clone -> copy lark
sac cloned lark to husk, cloned larks ability goes off, bring back drifter + clone
draw 2 from drifter, copy lark again, sac drifter to husk, sac clone to husk
rinse and repeat

edit: after reading this post, i immediately opened up MWS and threw something together with this 'combo'-esque group of cards and I must say it's actually rather fun
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1