Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post M10 Turbofog

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
IvanDano

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Post M10 Turbofog Reply with quote

Hey everyone, I've been working on this deck for some time trying to incorporate Silence and Time Warp to add on the turns. I had been curious to see if it was somewhat playable so here's a list that I came up with based on the general build:

// Lands
4 [M10] Glacial Fortress
4 [SHM] Mystic Gate
3 [CFX] Reliquary Tower
4 [SHM] Reflecting Pool
4 [LRW] Island (1)
3 [M10] Plains (2)

// Spells
4 [LRW] Cryptic Command
4 [LRW] Pollen Lullaby
4 [M10] Howling Mine
3 [CFX] Font of Mythos
4 [M10] Negate
4 [ALA] Angelsong
3 [SHM] Runed Halo
4 [M10] Jace Beleren
3 [M10] Silence
3 [EVE] Batwing Brume
3 [M10] Time Warp

// Sideboard
SB: 3 [EVE] Glen Elendra Archmage
SB: 4 [ARB] Meddling Mage
SB: 3 [M10] Flashfreeze
SB: 2 [M10] Pithing Needle
SB: 3 [CFX] Path to Exile

I could use some advice and tips to make it better...thank you in advance!
Burton911

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Time Warp good in this deck?

Afaik it wins cause your opponent has to draw first from the mines/fonts, and if you play a Time Warp you basically commit suicide, as you negate the "advantage" that your opponent draws first.
Delicious

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no hallowed burial to reset creatures?

how's that working out for you?
IvanDano

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About Time Warp...let me tell you it has been helpful in many situations...when I don't have the Mines or Font set up to draw into cards...getting extra draws for more Combat Damage prevention...and can either expediate or get an ultimate from jace without any worries especially after creatures are hit with a pollen lullaby. I think maybe limiting it down to 2 since there is 61 cards in the deck might make it easier but I still like the use of the card.

The Second with Hallowed Burial...
Really you don't want Hallowed Burial because you want them to deck faster, if you place those cards on the bottom your still giving the opp time...I prefer not to run it with Hallowed Burial just because there are 11-12 sources to prevent combat damage and 8 ways to tap out creatures from attacking...when you draw all the cards out you have enough defense to sit through a barriage and hold your own...but might be worth a shot to mix it up a little...
IvanDano

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm going to try out the sleep(s) in the deck and I'll see how that works out...
Egnirys

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silence doesn't help at all if you draw it when they already have plenty of creatures in the battlefield.

You should at least max out the Batwing Brume first before resorting to Silence.

Hallowed Burial --> not good since you're trying to deck them. Neither is Planar Cleansing since it kills your Jace...

-3 silence
-1 time warp
+2 sleep
+1 batwing brume
+1 land or just make it 60 cards
IvanDano

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silence I guess is a two part lock because if I have the creatures tapped their pretty much a turn that Jace can go free or no use of counters and damage prevention...but I guess I can let it go...

I really could use some help or tips on sb for burn decks because it's hard to keep up with the md
Aari

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sleep is a must here if youy insist on playing U. Maybe Fabricate would be a nice addition here if you can spare some space (IMHO 4x Jace is overkill - you need them to enchance decking while you have mine already, so with such draw you will eventually get it - 2x would be just fine for me)
Airsoft

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've played this deck 5 or 6 times and have had amazing results. Try it out.

Letís Do The Time Warp Again, Foggy Edition
2 Swamp
8 Island
4 Plains
2 Mystic Gate
3 Tezzeret, the Seeker
4 Elsewhere Flask
4 Howling Mine
3 Font of Mythos
4 Time Warp
4 Fieldmist Borderpost
3 Time Sieve
3 Open the Vaults
4 Mistvein Borderpost
4 Angelsong
4 Cryptic Command
4 Pollen Lullaby

Shamelessly stolen from
http://strategy.channelfireball.com/featured-articles/rogue-report-Ė-first-and-m10/
IvanDano

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have played a variant of that deck online and I ended up winning the match because really besides the artifacts it just becomes a mirror and advantage in my favor Negate > No Negates in deck...

i think the best solution for Red is just know what they sb and play g2 without any exchange....then g3 go in there with it...I guess I'll try playing Dragon's Claw and see how that works

BTW thanks everyone for the help...things are working out better and better with the tips!
IvanDano

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=25986

It sort of the idea you guys are going for...
Egnirys

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theboomshite wrote:
Egnirys wrote:
Silence doesn't help at all if you draw it when they already have plenty of creatures in the battlefield.

You should at least max out the Batwing Brume first before resorting to Silence.

Hallowed Burial --> not good since you're trying to deck them. Neither is Planar Cleansing since it kills your Jace...

-3 silence
-1 time warp
+2 sleep
+1 batwing brume
+1 land or just make it 60 cards

LOL he said battlefield!!

LOL I did!!! Shut up before I cast a path to exile to >gasp< exile you!

This new glossary is gay!
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2