Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RW Control

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Delicious

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: RW Control Reply with quote

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
4 [EVE] Rugged Prairie
9 [LRW] Plains (1)
6 [LRW] Mountain (1)
4 [M10] Terramorphic Expanse

// Creatures
4 [ALA] Ajani Vengeant
3 [SHM] Kitchen Finks
4 [M10] Siege-Gang Commander

// Spells
3 [EVE] Hallowed Burial
3 [EVE] Moonhold
3 [M10] Earthquake
4 [M10] Lightning Bolt
4 [CFX] Path to Exile
4 [CFX] Volcanic Fallout
2 [CFX] Martial Coup
3 [M10] Harm's Way

// Sideboard
SB: 2 [CFX] Banefire
SB: 3 [M10] Pithing Needle
SB: 4 [M10] Silence
SB: 2 [M10] Magma Phoenix
SB: 2 [SHM] Runed Halo

This is a deck i have been throwing around and it has been a lot of fun to play. I was looking to maybe making it tourney worth, maybe not go out on the first round. Nothing is really otu of place except maybe the harm's way and moonhold.

Moonhold is a choice of my own for this meta. For aggro decks missing a turn for land and to drop a big creature elves, ball lightings and the such. For control decks, a missed land drop is the worse feeling.

I have an incomplete sb having only 13 cards. I'm not set on any card yet. I thought about guttural response, magma spray, stigma lasher, oblivion ring. even duergar hedge-mage for the dreaded bitterblossom

all criticism is accepted Very Happy
Egnirys

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the RW control concept, was going to make one myself but with no Wrath it's a bit gimped IMO.

I really don't like Moonhold. Turn 3 Moonhold is not so bad, but turn 6? Turn 7? It isn't a card you want to topdeck. I'd play Flame Javelin instead, it will kill most creatures and can go to the dome for win.

A couple more lands wouldn't go astray, especially since using Terramorphics reduces your land count somewhat.

I like 4 Finks, 3 Siege-Gang better. Keeps you more alive in the early stages.

I think Magma Phoenix is better in main because it's both board sweeper and a win condition (although a bit of a sketchy one). Speaking of which, you have 12 board sweepers (incl. Martial Coup) which is a lot... but I guess it's necessary.

For your sideboard put I'd try to put cards against control decks since the main is so anti-aggro, unfortunately I can't think of any -.-"
Lynolf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO

But hey, at least she protects you from the likes of Broodmate Dragon. Speaking of dragons, why not try Bogardan Hellkite? Mr. Green
SniperMayer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manabarbs+Runed Halo?
Delicious

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoomBring3r wrote:
As of now, any deck with 'control' as an objective and 'white' as a color must have a retarded little card named Baneslayer Angel.

It's like, retarded.

And yes, Moonhold sucks, it has yet to find some usefulness other than light fireplaces during Winter.

This angel seems really good when dropped, if not taken care of. i wish it had protection from colors, but maybe i will try it out
Delicious

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SniperMayer wrote:
Manabarbs+Runed Halo?

i think i might try this. i forget that would work Razz
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1