Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RDW

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Delicious

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject: RDW Reply with quote

I recently resurrected RDW for myself to play around with and am getting some surprising results.

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
21 [ALA] Mountain (1)
3 [10E] Ghitu Encampment

// Creatures
4 [10E] Mogg Fanatic
4 [EVE] Figure of Destiny
4 [SHM] Demigod of Revenge
4 [SHM] Boggart Ram-Gang

// Spells
4 [10E] Shunt
4 [CFX] Volcanic Fallout
4 [SHM] Flame Javelin
4 [ALA] Magma Spray
4 [10E] Incinerate

// Sideboard
SB: 3 [EVE] Stigma Lasher
SB: 2 [10E] Pithing Needle
SB: 2 [SHM] Everlasting Torment
SB: 3 [SHM] Fulminator Mage
SB: 3 [SHM] Guttural Response
SB: 2 [ALA] Relic of Progenitus

This is what I am playing right now. Before you dismiss shunt, think of all of the spells people tap out for (Blighting, charms, cruel, path, identity crisis) need i say more?

Yes, decks like this could easily go RG, RB and other colors but i want to stick with RDW

I have really tried to fit hell's thunder in but couldn't find room

I was just looking for some help and making it better in this diverse Meta
JSUOversoul

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, but in my opinion, straight red isn't and won't be viable in competitive play until Burrenton Forge-Tender is gone from Standard. Straight red pretty much scoops to this card. Not one card in your 75 can deal with it. Have you ever faced down a Forge-Tender carrying a Loxodon War Hammer? It's not fun. Honestly, I'd go with a black splash where every land makes red. Seriously, you could go 4 Auntie's Hovel with all the goblins you have, and 4 graven cairns and not be giving up anything consistency wise with the mana, and include Infest and Terror/Deathmark in the board to answer Forge-Tender. That's why the Red(b) Deck Wins exists right now.
Bozo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has like 4 cards in his deck that stop BFT. Pithing Needle just turns him into an annoying blocker, and Everlasting Torment answers him nicely.
Delicious

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't see many forge tenders for some reason. I am really thinking of putting that moongrove artifact in there to deal with tender. Everlasting torment is fun.

Also, Shunt helps alot with that to move a remove spell to the tender. Scoops have happened because of it

The only reason i would splash black would be for a sacrifice spell to take out the single worst thing to happen to RDW, even worse then Tender

Wall of Denial :[
Duodax

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which no one is playing.
Madstrike

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

take shunts out and put hellsparks elementals in.
xatu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also use everlasting torment against Wall of Denial
Delicious

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madstrike wrote:
take shunts out and put hellsparks elementals in.

Shunt is way too good

I might find another place for hellspark, but shunt is an MVP
TheGODehT

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how ball lightning and lightning bolt are going to affect your list on July 17th.... Do you think either is playable? Maybe in the place of mogg fanatic because of the rule changes (assuming he's reprinted) ?
Delicious

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well when i found out aout lighting bolt, i almost screamed with joy. Every red player's dream is too see it come back.

Ball lighting is good, but can be poofed away too easily. It will defintly find a way into my deck but probably 2-3 off.

Lighting will take the place on incinerate. o maybe even have a place of it's own.
Blood_Magus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey brother! But... but... what the ****! You run a deck pretty similars to mine! And you haven't get flamed by people! You have received REAL SUGGESTION! I'M DREAMING! WTF!

http://www.magic-league.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=11821

Essential magic is down recently, and my deck is not more visible, i have to update it, i do it asap.

Quote:
He has like 4 cards in his deck that stop BFT. Pithing Needle just turns him into an annoying blocker, and Everlasting Torment answers him nicely.

Wow finally someome that understand WHY the *****cked everlasting torment is in side.... omg Very Happy
In my version i run 3 torment and no pith, pith is not so valuable vs a burreton, the sacrificing ability is not so powerful (except in a winnie, but the most bft i have see are in side in other stomp deck). Add 1 more everlast in side imo. Everlasting -> swans of bring argol too.
Pith needle block it too naming seismic, but you still got a 4/3 that you can't stop. Everlasting is better.

Shunt... nice card, i run wild ricochet instead. Why the principal reason? Shunt doesn't work with cruel ultimatum. That's enough for me for getting the more expensive mana cost (even if i don't like too much it). Otherwise, wild go for erase ONE MORE THINGS from the field. Exchange it with wild imo too.

Your stigma is in side... why? Run it in mainly Smile

Guttural response is nice, but i haven't place for it, because i run 4x Heat shimmer, nice broodom dragon nerfer and doran the siege tower killers Smile Tbh, nobody still run doran those day ._.

Finally, good job, still run monored deck and burn the @ss to all who say that it sucks! The great advantage of it is that only a bit are prepared to manage with it, dropping one burreton forge tender doesn't always mean "I got game ahahahah"... but people think that Smile
boeda

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Shunt can be great, but more as a surprise then as a 4 off. 2-3 should be enough.

some black for sb seems good, add infest and deathmark for W/G, Kithkin, Cruise, Doran and B/W tokens matchups.
Consider Thought hemorrage and Anathemancer too, the latter could easily fit into main deck.

hf & gl!

boeda
Delicious

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, everlasting torment is pretty good. I use it so fall out can hit it.

My needle is for the random stuff usually i see. Man lands usually

Shunt can't target cruel, i agree, but the 1 extra mana is what does it for me. Turn 3 is much better in my mind. The probably with wild and cruel is you still have to take the damage dick the cards ect.

Stigma is in sideboard becaue there isn't too much life gain anymore and when there is it's either wall of reverence/war monk/ or hammer. so i just keep it in sideboard for the off chance it comes up.

Guttural is a must have in my mind. When a cryptic flies down at your boggart or whatever you must have that hit for atleast the 3. The reason i don't like heat shimmer, is that it is a sorcery. I can see it being useful with many other CIP creatures(broodmate, mulldrifter, Lark) and legendary ones.

With tender in mind, i have though about running the moonglove extract. it is more damage and it get's rid of it quicker.
Blood_Magus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, finally someone which that i can have a constructive dialog Smile U got msn? Send in a PM to me plz Smile

Oh, and with Everlasting out, you don't need to fallout the bft... It's ability doesn't work. Pro red work partially. You can't target it, but pro red now doesn't prevent damage, so if he blocks.... bye bye tender Smile Volcanic is just for forcing the opponent to sacr the tender in a winnie matchup. Volcanic AND torment both are for a winnie deck that run burreton ^^ I find the best use for volcanic is faerie (and the istant speed, works good other time too).
Delicious

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After lots of testing, this is what it looks like right now

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
22 [ALA] Mountain (1)
3 [10E] Ghitu Encampment

// Creatures
4 [10E] Mogg Fanatic
4 [EVE] Figure of Destiny
4 [SHM] Demigod of Revenge
4 [SHM] Boggart Ram-Gang
3 [EVE] Stigma Lasher
2 [EVE] Spitemare

// Spells
3 [10E] Shunt
4 [CFX] Volcanic Fallout
4 [SHM] Flame Javelin
3 [10E] Incinerate

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [10E] Pithing Needle
SB: 2 [SHM] Everlasting Torment
SB: 3 [SHM] Fulminator Mage
SB: 4 [SHM] Guttural Response
SB: 2 [ALA] Relic of Progenitus

Shunt dropped to 3 because it was getting ridiculous. A new add is Spitemare. With the ability to send damage back, people don't attack, let it go through for an attack or need to waste a remove spell. so it actually frees up for a demigod.

I tried to have incinerary command in here, but the card isn't that good in this meta.

Stigma Lasher got bumped into MD because of how strong of a 2 drop it is. ( now i was looking at M10 cards and black night was in there..could we see a blood knight coming back?)

I have been debating ball lighting and lighting bolt since i started this deck. Lighting bolt will replace incinerate for obvious reasons but i still haven't found a space for ball

In the weeks to come, maybe i will find it's legendary space
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2