Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GP Seattle

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Egnirys

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: GP Seattle Reply with quote

Well, it looks like Faeries are back in full force...

But other than that I have some questions regarding the winning deck. It looks like a straightforward, solid aggro, but the sideboard?

1 random Everlasting Torment? 1 random Forge Tender? What's the purpose?

Thanks.
Magno-
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And swans is death before it even matured? Wink

But uhm... Some people love 1-offs in sideboard. Just cards that improve certain matchups, but that aren't always needed.

Just like some Faeries list played 1 Warhammer in the past. Cards your deck can use, but should never draw more then 1 in the complete matchup Smile

I myself like 1-offs as well. For example, I play a mono-white kithkin deck with a 1-off Mirrorweave. It improves some matchups, but is a bad topdeck in some others Smile
Madstrike

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: GP Seattle Reply with quote

Egnirys wrote:
Well, it looks like Faeries are back in full force...

But other than that I have some questions regarding the winning deck. It looks like a straightforward, solid aggro, but the sideboard?

1 random Everlasting Torment? 1 random Forge Tender? What's the purpose?

Thanks.

well he used 1 aura of silence, 1 torment, and 2x pithing needle, I believe he didnt want to get maelstron pulsed so he used different hate cards.
Ggerg

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

torment also has the benefit of helping vs turbo fog
Egnirys

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: GP Seattle Reply with quote

I get that Torment helps against all sorts of damage prevention, but having just 1 seems too inconsistent especially since you want consistent hate when siding.

Madstrike wrote:
well he used 1 aura of silence, 1 torment, and 2x pithing needle, I believe he didnt want to get maelstron pulsed so he used different hate cards.

Well that seems like a good explanation.
DS_McWerp
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burr doesnt do anything vs swans. It must be in the board for fallout/5c Blood/BR.

And Im not really a fan of one offs myself. I think if its useful play at least 2, If its not, dont play it. But there are exceptions, like the one ultimatum in blood, or one razormane in fae. And it was enough to get him there so gratz to him.

Its too bad a PV vs LSV fae final woulda been dope.
Egnirys

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you not use Burr on the Seismic to buy one turn? Assuming they can't respond to the Burr effect of course (ie. not enough cards in hand and need the Seismic to work to draw cards off Swans)
onecleanceli

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can activate burr in response, but it's only gonna save 2 dmg b/c they can 'in response'... unless somehow they have just that 1 land in hand, in which they wouldnt be dumb enough to waste it anyways
TugaChampion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

burrenton just makes them need 1 more land to go off (or if they have like 2 lands in hand, you sac and than they draw 2 spells but these situations are rare). However they're still decent in the match up because they block cruchers and bloodbraid elves.
Trizzy60

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burrenton doesnt work at all unless you are responding to swans being cast with active assualt in which case you lose during upkeep anyway.

When 2 or more dmg prevention effects occur. The controller of the dmg(or target not sure, either way it doesnt matter in this situation.) Gets to choose which effect takes over. So assuming you don't eat dirt you choose swans effect.
DS_McWerp
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burr and runed halo have the same effect vs swans.........none. They let you survive one more turn, then you die any way.

Unless your opp is retardo mondo and lets your burr prevent his lands instead of his swans.
onecleanceli

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not really sure where the hell you guys are going with this b/c swans IS NOT RED.. you cant prevent any kind of 'swans effect' with burr....
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DS_McWerp wrote:
Burr and runed halo have the same effect vs swans.........none. They let you survive one more turn, then you die any way.

Unless your opp is retardo mondo and lets your burr prevent his lands instead of his swans.

Runed Halo naming Seismic Assault would force them to attack with Swans and Bloodbraid Elf?
Ggerg

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vedrfolner wrote:
DS_McWerp wrote:

Runed Halo naming Seismic Assault would force them to attack with Swans and Bloodbraid Elf?

primal command main. maelstrom pulse and wickerbow elder sideboard...
Egnirys

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

onecleanceli wrote:
im not really sure where the hell you guys are going with this b/c swans IS NOT RED.. you cant prevent any kind of 'swans effect' with burr....

Well, we were talking about using burr on the Seismic assault. But in any case it's not effective against the swans combo deck (see above posts), only for blocking.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2