Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blightning vs. Swans

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
TheGODehT

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 7:42 am    Post subject: Blightning vs. Swans Reply with quote

So I've been running this blightning deck for a while now:

Maindeck:
4 Auntie's Hovel
4 Graven Cairns
4 Sulfurous Springs
3 Ghitu Encampment
9 Mountain
4 Anathemancer
4 Boggart Ram-Gang
4 Figure of Destiny
4 Mogg Fanatic
3 Goblin Outlander
4 Blightning
4 Flame Javelin
3 Incinerate
3 Terminate
3 Volcanic Fallout

Sideboard:
2 Thought Hemorrhage
3 Everlasting Torment
2 Dragon's Claw
3 Infest
4 Terror
1 Volcanic Fallout

I've been losing a very high percentage of my matches against various types of Swans decks.... I'm not really sure what to do anymore in this matchup. Any suggestions?
Conkisstador

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maindeck thoughtseize and hemorrhage and play the correct type of RB Blightning: Control.

Don't let the name fool you, though... you still play burn spells. The difference is the strategic approach you bring to the game. Instead of thinking: "How do I kill him ASAP?" think "How do I win before he wins?"

Thoughtseize is GREAT in this Standard environment. It helps you burn with Hemorrhage and choose whether to blightning or not. All of your cards are still threats; this time they're invested in EFFICIENT damage instead of fastest damage.

4 Figure of Destiny
2 Mogg Fanatic
4 Goblin Outlander
4 Anathemancer
4 Demigod of Revenge

4 Thoughtseize
3 Volcanic Fallout
3 Incinerate
1 Flame Javelin
4 Blightning
2 Thought Hemorrhage

25 Lands

I personally play RBg for Bloodbraid Elf and 2 technologic bombs... but keep it simple for now.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

control defends.
gypsy

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why are you guys still running blightning its the worst card in the deck

60 cards
4 Auntie's Hovel
4 Ghitu Encampment
4 Graven Cairns
6 Mountain
4 Sulfurous Springs
1 Swamp
23 lands

4 Anathemancer
4 Boggart Ram-Gang
4 Figure of Destiny
4 Hellspark Elemental
4 Mogg Fanatic
20 creatures 4 Flame Javelin
4 Incinerate
2 Pithing Needle
3 Terminate
4 Volcanic Fallout
17 other spells

Sideboard

2 Banefire
4 Chaotic Backlash
4 Deathmark
2 Guttural Response
3 Thought Hemorrhage
15 sideboard cards

that top 4 gp seattle this weekend seems infi better than those lists

how is jund control top tier? and how is it more burn than anything banefire does not make ramp a burn deck
R3wind

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are you losing to Swans? If they get a Swans on the board you just EOT burn it until they run out of counters. You wil draw some new cards untap and win.
gypsy

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

because swans isnt a blue control deck anymore its a combo deck
mishimakaz

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you worry about Swans? You can't beat everything, just accept the loss and beat everything else Wink
Momir

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know you're an idiot, Bftw, but you're not implying that naming Windbrisk Heights with Thought Hemorrhage wins the game. I mean, it could, if you had prior infractions in the tournament, and the judges ruled it as intent to cheat and YOU received a game loss.

Other then that, I don't think it's possible.
SaTiVa
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bftw is a troll anything he says makes no sense thoughthemorage cleary says non-land on the card
fast2damax

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Swans vs Blightning Reply with quote

ok the list for swnas right now is about 18-22 spells and the rest being land with cascade ability's for auto seismic and deny relietys to get Pithing or forge tender.. or annoying stuff like that while having the ability to cascade into a swans.. and when swans and seismic are both in play and they have 2 lands in hand at the least.. you just lose.. unless you have 2 responses to ther seismic assults to there swans imo blightning is a decent deck but have a bad matchup aginst swans seeing as the decks dont play blightning any more.. thought hemm is a amazing card aginst swans and can rid of swans or seismic for a gg.. or until they hit ad nauseum and win that way.

this is going to be the most played deck in standard and should be feared. losing to this matchup is bad cause you will be running into it alot.
Arkona

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

add some pithing needle... pithing needle , everlasting torment and though hemorrage is enough
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bftw wrote:
control defends? fog defends

control can easily run burn. countering a 2/2-3/3 can be the same as a burn. only gamewinning if your opp is low. jund control is more burn than anything and it's a top tier imo. thought hemm should be MD for g1 as it hurts BAD. thoughtseize is nice as well, but 2-3 is enough MD i think, though x4 def in the SD. wether it burns or not (which still pwns), thought hemm still takes out x4 of whatever they got. if you want a card to swing MU's towards you, it's def one of these two.

Thought Hemorrhage is good when the opponent have 1-3 different cards that are dangerous to you (control, combo). When he got 7-8 cards (the whole deck) which is dangerous to you, taking out one of them for 4 mana sorcery speed does absolutely nothing. Again it seems like you think that taking stuff out of their library is the same as removal or answers. It isn't except against Swans combo.

A control deck is built to gain control of the board via card advantage in the form of mass removal, bigger creatures, a wide array of general and specific answers to dangerous spells and strategies, and with higher card power than the deck it defends against.

Conkisstador's RB Blightning deck has no defensive creatures or spells except Volcanic Fallout. Its creatures are small weenies except Demigod of Revenge which is good at dealing damage, not controlling the board - and none of them gives card advantage. With the exception of Demigod they are therefore not good in a long game. Its spells are hand disruption and burn, which although being answers as well as threats, does not give card advantage with the exception of Volcanic Fallout (although most of his creatures dies to it as well).

Whatever you do with this deck, do not defend with it. It cannot win the long game vs any other deck in the format. It needs to kill as fast as possible.
onecleanceli

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys are all retards... i've been playing vs pretty much nothing but swans lately it seems (not with BR however) and after g1, i bring in 2 thought hemo's, and if i can land 1 on t4, naming assault, i DONT lose, period.... you can deal with the rest of the stuff easily... if they drop swans, you get to burn for card advantage.. if they dont, you attack through.. you kill their manlands with burn/terrors/terminates... i guess i'm not seeing how you're losing....
Shagrath

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:19 am    Post subject: .... Reply with quote

Bftw wrote:
jund>tokens anyday dude

thought hemm windbrisk. game.

Atm, this post wins the prize for being the most retarded post of 2009, but plz continue. Without your intelligent posts we wouldn't have anything to laugh.
fast2damax

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

onecleanceli wrote:
you guys are all retards... i've been playing vs pretty much nothing but swans lately it seems (not with BR however) and after g1, i bring in 2 thought hemo's, and if i can land 1 on t4, naming assault, i DONT lose, period.... you can deal with the rest of the stuff easily... if they drop swans, you get to burn for card advantage.. if they dont, you attack through.. you kill their manlands with burn/terrors/terminates... i guess i'm not seeing how you're losing....

ok i can see were your coming from here your making it die roll dependent. But you know Swans has a side board too you should look at deck lists before going off saying that if swans loses seismic assult they just lose. aginst some decks they board it out. swans is a card only seen in game 1 most of the time. so dont get to excited when you thought hemm seismic. it could whif.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2