Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

All In Green ARB version

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Shards of Alara constructed
Lat[GRC]

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:50 am    Post subject: All In Green ARB version Reply with quote

Im trying to make a deck work thats similar to ALLinGreen (mana acceleration and fat creatures)

Seems to be doing good but I dont really know what to do with sideboard. Any suggestion is welcome:

Main Deck

4 Ancient Ziggurat
12 Forest
4 Mountain
1 Exotic Orchard
1 Island
1 Swamp

2 Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund
1 Hellkite Overlord
4 Blitz Hellion
4 Noble Hierarch
4 Druid of the Anima
4 Cliffrunner Behemoth
4 Broodmate Dragon
2 Bull Cerodon
2 Rafiq of the Many
2 Wall of Reverence

4 Trace of Abundance
2 Banefire
2 Behemoth Sledge

Sideboard

1 Bull Cerodon
1 Banefire
1 Behemoth Sledge
4 Gift of the Gargantuan
2 Lavalanche
1 Titanic Ultimatum
3 Magister Sphinx
1 Sarkhan Vol
1 Wall of Reverence
FiReBLT

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Needs Moar Hellkite Overlord.
Triggers

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gift of the garg might be maindeck worthy in block

a few things seem out of place here... blitzhellion.. you mana ramp up to dump your load on 7 damage? meh
P_P4E

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

run more focused stuff

Playing 2 of this guy and 2 of that guy isn't the strategy that AIG used. Focus on the best possible spells.

I can see cutting all colors but the naya/jund/bant colors and running something including this base...

4 trace abundance
4 druid anema
4 noble hierarch
4 cliffrunner behemoth
4 Sacellum Godspeaker (guy who you reveal 5cc and get G)

Other fat for jund can be Hellkite Overlord, spellbreaker behemoth, Karrthus, Predator Dragon, Lord of Extinction

Naya: thoctar, spellbreaker behemoth, mycoid shepard, Uril, The Miststalker, Megolonoth, Realm Razor (probably in the board) , Predator Dragon, Enlisted Worm (Bomb into bomb? Nice) or I guess Bull Ceredon or Godsire

Bant: Mycoid Shepard, Nulltread Gargantuan, Enlisted Worm, Empyrial Archangel(super duper bomb right now)

Naya pretty much guarantees a turn 3 5 power guy, with more to follow. I've been using Where Ancients Tread to mixed results as well. You drop it out there turn 4 and then follow with bombs and its hard for them to recover unless, obviously, they hit Maelstrom pulse on it. I think the godspeaker allows for a LOT of mana for the naya build especially. You can easily drop 2 fat guys on turn 4. The problem with all of this is that Jund plays 16+ removal, and it makes this deck not as good.
RavensEffect

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well its definitely not AIG, because if you want to be AIG then have to run all green cards. There are cards in Alara block that can make hybrid green, but not very many of them. I don't think "true" AIG is possible in block, and if it is, its not going to be good enough.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Shards of Alara constructed All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1