Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

pardon my ignorance but....

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
onecleanceli

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: pardon my ignorance but.... Reply with quote

i'm mainly been an online player for the many years i've played magic, and only actually ever been to 2 regionals tournaments.... just wanna make sure i'm correct in saying this, that worlds, is the largest tournament each year correct? and lately ive been watching random pt/worlds coverage on you tube and did i see correctly that PV got 5th in worlds last year? (faeries)
OldBear

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worlds is not the biggest tournament each year it is the most prestigous but some euro GP will be the biggest in terms of players. You already know this but yes PV did top 8 worlds last year.
toor

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Among many of the pros I have talked to it isn't even the most prestigious. They seemed to consider individual PTs with single formats as more impressive wins (not sure if they still believe it with multi format PTs).

Since PTs are invite only they are naturally smaller than other tournaments such as regionals or GPs. Kyoto was the biggest PT (i believe) with ~400 people. GP Barcelona has 1500 this weekend and the largest gp was Paris. American GPs top out around ~1100.
FlyingFreak

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worlds is the most prestigous tournament every year but a Pro Tour is harder to win since there are less randoms from unknown countries over there.
onecleanceli

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i guess that's what i meant, most prestigous rather than biggest... just seemed to me like 'worlds' is... well, exactly that.. the best players from all over the world, where as i'm sure if a pt/gp is held in america somewhere, there will be amazing players from around the world not necessarily attending, if that makes sense.... and yeh, that's awesome for PV, congratulations (a little late i know) if you read this
asamodious

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PV also top 4d the GP (1495 players)this weekend with Cascade Swans in T2.
onecleanceli

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome... is there a link to his deck list, or the top 8 i guess for that matter? i've been wanting to start messing around with swans a litlte b/c i'm bored of everything else
KevinJonas

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my friend pete mamma top8
onecleanceli

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok grats to him... still doesnt help me with a deck list.... is it the 40+ land list that EVERYONE is playing as of recently??
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1