Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yeah, someone still run Mono Red

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Blood_Magus

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: Yeah, someone still run Mono Red Reply with quote

My deck Smile

http://www.essentialmagic.com/Decks/View.asp?ID=699545

Comments are appreciated, essential magic is really good for posting deck but seems that the community is dead. Rolling Eyes
Momir

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Winned versus ALL DECKS, never lost, except with a fast aggro (i have played bad, really bad, shot on wrong creatures each time ^^)

You're telling me that you've WINNED versus ALL decks? Ignoring the obvious grammatical errors, there is no way on God's green Earth that that is even slightly true...
Blood_Magus

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winned vs ALL DECK that i have tested out Smile Old comment perhaps, the wb token give me a lot of problems with the old version. I'm testing... so, ignore the obvious grammatical error (sorry, i'm not mother language) and give me suggestions Smile

EDIT: I already sayed that i'm not mother-language? Understand now what God's green earth mean Confused
Momir

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "God's green Earth" thing was not referring to your grammar, rather the impossibility that you've NEVER lost a game.

You cannot beat BW, GW, or RW tokens... That right there is a majority of the field...
Blood_Magus

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the mistake was another, i have thinked that's the name of an aggro deck XD

Nvm... i run 4 volcanic for tokens, have leaved the incendiary for wild ricochet. And yeah i have lost some games perhaps Razz
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blood_Magus wrote:
Yeah, the mistake was another, i have thinked that's the name of an aggro deck XD

Nvm... i run 4 volcanic for tokens, have leaved the incendiary for wild ricochet. And yeah i have lost some games perhaps Razz

Burrenton Forge-Tender...

I know that it is just one card and they need to draw it early on, but against mono red it is extremely devastating. Even against BR blightning maindecking Terror, it is a major roadblock because they absolutely need to have the Terror...

It sits there blocking your creatures, then when the time is right they "counter" your burn, including Volcanic Fallout.

He is the sole reason mono red aggro was abandoned. I suggest taking Wild Ricochet out for Terror, and adding Sulfurous Springs and Graven Cairns to your deck. At last that gives you a chance vs white decks...
Blood_Magus

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 everlasting are here for burreton, and demigod can't be blocked by burreton, as like direct shots Smile In testing it's not a big problem... If they got burreton in play, i can play tons of creature... difficult they wrath with a burreton in play. If they remove my creature, they waste their removals and i get lands... A more fast demigod Smile White and monowhite are not so difficult as you think.

I have finded a bit of probls vs faerie... got all bad draws perhaps .-. mana flood or mana screw. Probably i keep the idea of adding more banefire, maybe in side.

The most terrible card that hurt me is bitterblossom, not burreton Smile In past i have finded that the only good card vs bitter is Goblin assault Smile I can consider siding some of these...
Momir

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got your matchups backwards. Fae should basically be a bye for you, and you should basically be a bye for mono white... Or white of any kind, for that matter. I honestly think you're pulling match results and observations out of your ass.
onecleanceli

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree... you have absolutely no clue where you're going with this lol.... ww/kithkin/mono white will rape you, and you should never lose to faeries EVER unless you're a bad player... ESPECIALLY maindecking fallouts
Blood_Magus

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hum, i have played before and i get 2-0 then 2-0 with faerie... Smile Got bad hands/drop each time, and he ALWAYS get his blossom on t2...

Have tested versus white deck too... and, really, have win that... You can believe that or not, but it's true Smile
Momir

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, if you're not open to suggestions, stop posting decks and using way too many fucking smileys.. I can keep my cool for awhile, but you're clearly a liar, and have NO intention of getting any help.

If you wanted us to respond with something like, 'OH MY GOD! UR TEH BEST EVAR GREAT DECK!!11!!1!!1shift_one!1!!', then you're at the wrong place.

I am telling you RIGHT NOW, you do NOT beat Kithkin. The only thing different about your deck than other Mono Red is that it is strictly worse and slower.

Now, I can see you losing to Fae, as it isn't TOTALLY hopeless, and I assume you're a shitty player (gee, I wonder why).

So, take suggestions, or keep your mind closed. Your call.
Blood_Magus

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hum, i'm open to suggestion, but in 10 post i have never see a name of a card that i can change, just "that's not possible, u will never win versus that, u are bad" and so on.

Quote:
Now, I can see you losing to Fae, as it isn't TOTALLY hopeless, and I assume you're a shitty player (gee, I wonder why).

Bad hands? Bitterblossom?
Momir

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even still, the matchup is about 80-20 in your favor... The only real way to lose the match is due to playskill, and VERY rarely draws... I don't see you needing to board for that match up... The main deck should be more than enough hate...

All I am trying to say is that, even with the optimal build, Kithkin and tokens are nigh unbeatable match ups, and Faeries should almost be a bye.

Now, for card suggestions; no Demigod. With Bitterblossom, Procession, etc. he just isn't that good... Too easily chump blocked. If I were you, I'd go with RB Blightning, which means adding Blightning, Blossoms of your own (depending on YOUR meta), and Terror/Terminate. It should at least bring the percentage on your Kithkin matchup, and will actually improve the Fae matchup even more. Bitterblossom < No Bitterblossom.

Hope that helps at all. I apologize for being resistant to helping you, but you come off as really cocky and ignorant. a VERY bad combination.
Ashmatan

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were you, I wouldn't come here for help. You are obviously rather new to magic and M-L. You won't get help here. If I were you, I would go to the absolute best player in your group, play him, and get your ass kicked in enough to want to obtain knowledge from him as how to make your deck better. IRL is the way to go if you want to actually learn to be a better player/deckbuilder.

A very small percentage (like, miniscule) of "players" on this site will help you, the rest just flame. As if you didn't already know.
RavensEffect

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would definitely not say he's new to magic just because he posted his deck here and got constant flames, but i do agree with the fact that half the people here on magic-league can be jackasses and don't give real thoughts on the deck/idea/post that the person was talking about, instead choosing to just make fun of that person like a retard.

On the other hand, posting a deck on here might not be the best way to get ideas on how to change/better your deck, but it can be a good way. But by that I mean it can't be the only way, you need to test your deck online (league or not, but you should play on the magic-league chatroom instead of mwsplay because they all quit or have bad decks and that isn't going to help you test), and play it irl if you can.

I do agree with Nick Jonas in a very small way, even though he totally went the wrong way saying it. Red Deck Wins really doesn't actually win anymore, just because of Burrenton Forge-Tender. As a 4-of in someone's sideboard, it completely wrecks your deck. I don't care about Everlasting Torment, that card is not worth it in your sideboard, especially against BFT. You need Terror, that is the universal card to get rid of him. And in the end, you'll probably end up adding Blightning/Anathemancer/Terminate, you may as well just go BR. Good luck either way Very Happy
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2