Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

meta call

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
onecleanceli

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 3:23 am    Post subject: meta call Reply with quote

What's everyone's take on turbo fog currently? With the meta right now being super duper aggro heavy + some jund ramp, it might just do the trick... jace + mine + font incorporated with 12 total combat dmg prevention spells, on top of having cryptic command and wrath...
GoneBananas
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jund ramp trashes turbo fog...
center
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tird_Ape wrote:

How?

You say that like you have tested it......
gypsy

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theres always someone every year who brings up turbo fog, but theres no point in playing it as you will play against a control deck and turbo fog doesnt even beat burn based aggro decks so why would you play something with no chance to top 8 regionals unless you play 8 token decks and dont get screwed.
LinkSpitfire

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:31 am    Post subject: Oh really? Reply with quote

Apparently you CAN go t8 in regionals with turbo fog.
http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=25986

And take another look at these "burn decks" you talk about. Aren't they all pretty heavy on creatures? A couple of Runed Halos does the trick for those Flame Javelins and Incinerates. And Negates and Cryptic Commands for the Maelstrom Pulses.

And since you're not running any creatures, most deck run like 10-15 useless cards.

I think it's a viable deck with lots of good match ups. Haven't tried anything though, but I doubt I'm the only one...
Nyoko

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

center wrote:
Tird_Ape wrote:

How?

You say that like you have tested it......

Yes, my ramp beat it game 4 of the trial (of a higher rating player) and then went on to win Very Happy
AdinTheDark

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest issue for me is it is hard to test inless you have a test group or do it ranked because if you get it good and locked down most people quit.. your games last forever more times then not and most people playing faster decks want the games done quick...
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AdinTheDark wrote:
The biggest issue for me is it is hard to test inless you have a test group or do it ranked because if you get it good and locked down most people quit.. your games last forever more times then not and most people playing faster decks want the games done quick...

And that is why noone plays turbofog in a tourney.
caesarthehun

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turbofog just won a japanese regionals.....h8ters...
brentmellow

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caesarthehun wrote:
turbofog just won a japanese regionals.....h8ters...

i was just about to say this. basically, i like the deck i just can't stand to play it tbeause it takes too long. but really. since the meta is all tokens that don't have burn spells its really the best way to go. also there is some serious card advantage with font of mythos mine jace and relinquary tower. basically u have 20 cards in hand and they have 7. also. i really like the sneak win with tezzeret. not only do i fog you with cryptic backed up with negate counter but i also turn my "crappy" borderposts and "crappy" mine like affects into huge 5/5s that swing for tons of damage ftw. oh. right when you thought you would win when time is called for having more life than me.

Turbofog is Metabreaker as predicted by Mushmellow of the past. And of course, only the japanese innovators would be able to create such a pwning list.

http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=25986

Theres the link and here's the list. What do people think of this? I think its rather strong and probably one of the best versions.

Mainboard:
7 Island
5 Plains
2 Reliquary Tower
3 Batwing Brume
4 Cryptic Command
4 Fieldmist Borderpost
4 Font of Mythos
4 Holy Day
4 Howling Mine
4 Jace Beleren
4 Mistvein Borderpost
4 Negate
2 Path to Exile
4 Pollen Lullaby
2 Runed Halo
2 Tezzeret the Seeker
1 Wrath of God

# 60

Sideboard:
4 Glen Elendra Archmage
4 Hoofprints of the Stag
2 Oona, Queen of the Fae
1 Path to Exile
2 Pithing Needle
2 Runed Halo
toor

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely would run one mistveil plains.
onecleanceli

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exactly... if it can win a nats qualifier, im pretty sure it doesnt completely suck... just saying... as the meat sits right now, i think its a good call, and as boring as it is, it can still get the job done with a big fat WIN, which last i checked is all that really matters in a serious tournament that you're trying to win for cash? no? i think the deck, tweaked out, could have a serious role coming up... i'd say that's just my opinion but obviously other people are starting to think the same way.... by the way, i've won a game with this deck by putting my opponent at 0 life (batwing brume)
onecleanceli

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not a bad idea vs red..
Karim_

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i tried the deck and it looses hard to any other control deck and burn. for those people who like going 6-3 it is good enough
onecleanceli

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unless you can tweak the sideboard to not lose to those bad matchups and get lucky throughout the day as well
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2