Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FNM Budget T2 Decks

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
ChrRome

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: FNM Budget T2 Decks Reply with quote

Hi I am in need of 2 magic the gathering decks for Friday Night Magics. I currently have Dark Bant almost completed but my friend who shares my pool of cards and my brother also need standard decks. I would like them to be fairly budget or at least be able to have the base of the deck survive the rotation when zendikar comes out. Any insight would be great.

I don't have many of the powerful standard cards that are needed in most decks (figures, thoughtseize, cryptic command, etc) and don't want to invest that much when the value will go down significantly after only a couple months.

Thanks.
RavensEffect

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well its not going to be the best deck, but for a budget deck there Esper artifacts is a pretty good choice. Tidehollow Sculler, Etherium Sculptor, Master of Etherium, and Sphinx Summoner are all pretty cheap, and it can come out like lightning if you get it going. Any of the shards 3-color decks are pretty good budget decks, just buy them an "intro" pack lol.
ChrRome

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry i dont mean that budget, they are both competent players. I mean decks in the 100-200 range probably. Maybe around like All in Green. The problem with that deck however is getting the noble hierarchs, because I also need three to finish off my dark bant.
ChrRome

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its no problem, thanks for trying to help
Reece844

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red Deck Wins is in your pirce range, blightning is pretty close and those are top decks. You could go Kithkin which is cheap also. My friend has made a couple top 8's with a 50$ kithkin deck. R/W might be going a little bit high depending on how you build it.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but he wanted as close to post-rotation as possible, so I wouldn't recommend Kithkin and RDW.

Jund Ramp is typically choke full of expensive rares, as is Rock.

You basically want to avoid Bitterblossom, Figure of Destiny and other expensive rares that are played massively (and rotates in a few months anyways).

I don't think Esper decks are good enough to waste 100-200$ on. Then it is better to buy a really good deck for 300.

Constructed isn't the best place to start for beginners. Play more limited. Then they get cards, experience and know firsthand what works and what works not. I know your friends aren't completely green, but if they don't got cards, they haven't played enough magic to do well in a big tournament anyways.

So my advice: start building a BRg Bloodbraid Blightning deck, and instead of Figure of Destiny use something else, until you get hold of some or they rotate.
spudfuss

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mono red is pretty cheap minus the figures....and then there is the tubro rg deck with bloodbraid elf. mono white kitken could be around 100-200 with some adjusments
Deuce

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 Fire-Lit Thicket (or just forest/mountain)
4 Karplusan Forest (-||-)
4 Treetop Village (-||-)
11 forest/mountain

4 Tattermunge Maniac
4 Rip-Clan Crasher
4 Jund Hackblade
2 Naya Hushblade
4 Boggart Ram-Rang
4 Bloodbraid Elf

4 Incinerate
4 Colossal Might
4 Violent Outburst
1 Loxodon Warhammer
2 Lash Out

Or something like that. It can be explosive.
Klaunnd

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turbofog

4 Jace Beleren

4 Angelsong
4 Cryptic Command
4 Holy Day
4 Negate
4 Pollen Lullaby

3 Runed Halo

4 Fieldmist Borderpost
3 Font of Mythos
4 Howling Mine
2 Pithing Needle

12 Island
1 Mystic Gate
7 Plains

Very Happy
AkYo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Build an All Cascade Deck suprisingly decent or if you want to spend money build Black Red with anathamancer's mainboard and straight burn
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1