Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

6th colour in Zandikar part II

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Jacois

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:14 am    Post subject: 6th colour in Zandikar part II Reply with quote

here's a quote from the start of Kelly Digges article...

"I hope all of you enjoyed our guest lecturer last week! I don't remember whatever Nicol Bolas had me do for him in returnóall I can recall is a vague purplish glowóbut I'm sure it was a small price to pay for the benefit of his wisdom, experience, and remorseless, world-crushing cruelty."

As far as I'm concerned this confirms that Zandikar with have the 6th colour. Feel free to read my write up from yesterday about this issue.

http://www.magic-league.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=11567

The sixth colour is meant to be purple, and the basic land a Cave.
getmatt201

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason for the purplish glow was because he was a slave of nicol bolas. Type slave of nicol bolas into google images and u should find the pic.
getmatt201

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can find the pic at the bottom of this article.

http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/sf/33a
Fernan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. That article has nothing to do with Zendikar.
2. Why a cave?
3. Stop trying to find something to validate your nonsense theory . They are not going to do another color NEVER.
killjoy84

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

never gonna happen. ever. ever. ever. never ever.
Jacois

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

getmatt201 wrote:
The reason for the purplish glow was because he was a slave of nicol bolas. Type slave of nicol bolas into google images and u should find the pic.

Exactly my point. Nicol Bolas is creating a new colour, and it will be purple.

I say "purple" and "Caves" because Mark Rosewater said that's what the new colour and basic land were going to be when it was attempted for Planar Chaos.
Socks3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed it was, although that makes less sense than caves to me, IMO.
Jacois

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here's a link to an article by Paul Sottosanti. He was on the design team for Planar Chaos with Mark Rosewater.

http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtgcom/feature/386

In the article he mentions that the colour would have been purple. At first he says the land would have been Cave, then they switched to cities. My bad. Either way it doesn't matter, they're not bound by initial ideas from 2 years ago.

I think the main problem was that the 6th colour would only be in 1 small set. But for it to be a feature in an entire block would be perfect. Once the block was finished, the 6th colour would be finished and magic could go back to "normal".

Perhaps the "big" set could be only purple, RWU. The 2nd set Purple and U, and the 3rd set Purple and B. This would be reminiscent of Ravnica with the Guilds, without watering down all the colours in each set.

Or maybe something like PBUWG, PBUR, PWGR. Each original colour gets 2 sets with Purple being featured in all 3.

Making purple as a block theme wouldn't compel WotC to continue making purple cards after the block was finished. Just like Tribal, multicolour, or a graveyard theme. Purple would be a niche deck for block not unlike Madness in Odyssey, Goblins in Onslaught, or Faeries in LRW. Of course all those block decks branched out into other formats, but the core of all the decks is pretty much based in their own block.

The 6th colour is completely doable, and it wouldn't have to change magic forever. Either I'm picking up subtle hints, or I'm seeing something that isn't there. *shrugs* Who knows.

What do you think about that?
OldBear

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would not be posssible as limited would be awfull with a 3rd colour only in the 3rd set.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1