Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bant Aggro for Regionals

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
EddDydoo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Bant Aggro for Regionals Reply with quote

so i have been testing for regionals and thinking about playing bant aggro i cant seem to get the the list right. im expecting alot of 5 cc and lark. but yeah what you guys think about my list?

// Lands
2 [10E] Brushland
3 [SHM] Mystic Gate
2 [EVE] Flooded Grove
2 [10E] Treetop Village
4 [ALA] Seaside Citadel
4 [10E] Yavimaya Coast
4 [SHM] Reflecting Pool
1 [LRW] Island (4)
1 [10E] Adarkar Wastes

// Creatures
4 [ALA] Rafiq of the Many
4 [EVE] Shorecrasher Mimic
4 [ALA] Jhessian Infiltrator
4 [ALA] Rhox War Monk
4 [CFX] Noble Hierarch
1 [ALA] Elspeth, Knight-Errant
2 [SHM] Kitchen Finks

// Spells
3 [MOR] Negate
4 [ALA] Bant Charm
4 [LRW] Cryptic Command
3 [CFX] Path to Exile/Snakeform

// Sideboard
SB: 3 [EVE] Stillmoon Cavalier
SB: 2 [MOR] Vendilion Clique
SB: 2 [CFX] Celestial Purge
SB: 3 [LRW] Cloudthresher
SB: 3 [10E] Wrath of God
SB: 2 [EVE] Glen Elendra Archmage

not sure if the finks should be stillmoon since i seen to have a really bad matchup against bw tokens also not sure if the paths should be snakeform to help with the shorecrasher mimic.

Sideboarding....

Vs 5cc
-3 paths/snakeform
- 1 bant charm

+2 cliques
+2 glens

Vs RW Lark
-3 negate
+3 wrath of god

Vs BW Tokens
-2 finks
-1 Eslpeth
-3 negate

+3 wrath of god
+3 Stillmoons

Vs Fae
- 3 paths

+3 cloudthresher

Vs Blighting

- 1 Eslpeth
- 1 Path

+2 celestial purge

not sure if my sideboarding is correct but what you guys think? any suggestions on side, maindeck and or sideboarding
Manipulation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its really early to be doing Regionals testing, we have another set left...and the new archetypes/adjustments that follow that will definitely change the meta.
alvaro202

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-1 rhox + 1 elspeth
- 3 path + 3 snakeform
-1 rafiq + 1 path to exile

3 rhox with 2 finks is all you need. Thats 5 cards that gain life. If you need more drop a battlegrace angel somewhere in the deck. Note, you NEED to be running those 3 snakeforms. You are not running mulldrifters and the lack of card draw is gonna cost you games. PoE also accelerate your opponents mana base, not a good card to play more than 1 of. Elspeth is a 2 of always, 1 is simply not enough. It in itself is a win condition if it resolves.

Having one in hand along with a negate allows you to accelerate your creatures into a great early game board, then control the game by dropping an elspeth, countering there counter / creature removal, and swinging with a 7/8 double strike flying life linker. You really can't beat that.

4 bant charms, 4 cryptics, these give good counters against control. The 3 negates without remove soul in side is going to piss you off when you go against a metabreaker in the tournament. Either run 3 celestial purge in side, or make room for 3 remove souls. Remember though, remove soul works against lark among other cards, and in game 2 it can seal a game that you would otherwise loose.

Your sideboard gives you SO many options against control that when you go to side against the decks your scared of, your going to have to take out 13 cards from your mainboard. Do you really want to be remaking your deck everytime you play against the very things your expecting to encounter?

Side should be
Wrath 3
Vendillion 3
Remove soul 3
Glen Elendra Archmage 2
Celestial purge 4 (Just to piss off blightning aggro so they leave the tourny)

Stillmoon is big iffy thing, if your using wraths you really have no need for it in this deck at all. what are you even gonna remove from your MD to put these in? your finks?

This is a very solid deck you have constructed, and it has proven itself in the current meta game, but your sideboard needs to be broader and not so 1 dimensional against certain types of decks that you already know will be in the meta game. Your maindeck is already strong against control, there is NO reason to have so many cards in your sideboard that make it better against those decks.
EddDydoo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx for the suggestions. i really like the side you gave me. but at the same time you really think i dont need anything against faeries? or do the cliques and the glen go in against faeries? i would think there are ganna be more faeries than blighting and 4 celestial purges seems like to much i would be fine with just three so that leaves one slot open for my side not sure what should it be maybe a wispmare? since its good against tokens and faeries. also would i side in remove soul against tokens?
KevinJonas

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what does versitale mean is it a kind of bird
Zapgaze
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

weezy wrote:
Celestial purge > Wispmare, more versitale.

Glorious Anthem says hi...
gypsy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how is 5 cards enough gain life? i kinda stopped reading once you suggested battlegrace angel and said path was bad
LordLink

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few mistakes in this thread so far. And yes, never run less than 4 rhox war monk, it is the best card in your deck.

Every aggro deck ever made has had to ask 1 fundamental question. "how do I beat wrath of god". In the current meta its more "how do I survive Volcanic Fallout". Your deck rolls over and dies to Fallout and that is a HUGE weakeness.

Infiltrators die to fallout, they're bad. Snakeform should give you enough to trigger the mimic although I'm still not sure on the Bant Charm/Snakeform/Path ratio's myself yet. Stillmoon follows the same logic.

Wilt-Leaf Liege is god. He makes your dudes survive fallout, resists blightning, ultimatum and esper charm and wins games. 4 liege + 4 monk will improve your tokens matchup drastically.

I'm still iffy on counterspells in Bant Aggro, command in particular is over-rated. Bant can race every other aggro deck in the format thanks to its life-gain and command is useless against the control decks as they will always sweep your board away before you are able to leave mana open for it. Or just counter your command.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1