Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can see deck files in MWS folder

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS)
IgnisFatuus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Can see deck files in MWS folder Reply with quote

I have been away from the game for a while, and I recently reinstalled MWS on my computer (PC). I was trying to join a tournament, but when I went to "browse" for a decklist, none of the sub-folders I have created for my MWS decks were visible.

I can see the folders when I open my "Magic Workstation" folder using MWS (i.e. when I want to open a deck or make a new deck), but the folders do not appear when I open the Magic Workstation folder using Windows Explorer. I also could not open any of the folders using the "Run" feature. I have my settings set so that hidden files are visible.

I am all out of ideas. Does anyone know how to fix my problem? Thanks in advance.
Zoom

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may have installed mws in a new location. Look for mws in the c:\ directory and in c:\program files\ .
Bozo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah dude that just started happening to me a couple weeks ago and i have no idea why. I just made a new folder for my decks in my documents and i can see those ones in windows explorer and with MWS so that's my advice.
gypsy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

run as admin if ur on vista
Raybelfast

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If using vista browse to the directory where the .exe for the program should be

C:\Program Files\ Magic Workstation\

somewhere under the toolbar should be a button "Compatibility files!

hit it and it will show you. not sure why vista does this so i save all my decks to a folder on the desktop cuz im too lazy to find out

Hope this helps
R3wind

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have almost the same issue with Vista. My wife's account (admin and no she does not play mtg) and my account (admin also). If I make a file in the very same folder that I always use in one account the other account can not see it.

I am sure that this is a Vista issue and not an MWS issue. If anyone could shed some light on this it would be helpful!

Be easy, Peace!
batmanmagic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you open explorer and click compatible files you can click and drag you deck from the mws deck folder.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1