Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mono white enchantments

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
ajvanadri

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Mono white enchantments Reply with quote

Well, heres the deck I'll explain card choices in beside them.

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
16 [10E] Plains (3)
4 [10E] Caves of Koilos
4 [EVE] Fetid Heath

// Creatures
4 [SHM] Kitchen Finks (found I needed a little bit of life gain to get to turn 5/6 some times)
2 [ALA] Elspeth, Knight-Errant (alt wincon)
2 [EVE] Figure of Destiny (another alt win con really good late game if they remove the sigil)

// Spells
3 [ALA] Oblivion Ring (universal removal)
3 [10E] Wrath of God
3 [SHM] Prison Term (passifism that stops any new threats too)
2 [10E] Pacifism (turns into a 3 for 1 if you get out sigil of the empty throne)
4 [MOR] Idyllic Tutor
3 [MOR] Bitterblossom (turn 2 blossom is usally GG)
1 [EVE] Endless Horizons (singleton deck thining)
1 [10E] Story Circle (auto win vs any mono colour deck)
4 [10E] Mind Stone
2 [CFX] Sigil of the Empty Throne (the decks main win con)
3 [CFX] Path to Exile

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [LRW] Burrenton Forge-Tender (makes an R deck cry)
SB: 1 [U] Wrath of God (needed filler)
SB: 1 [SHM] Wheel of Sun and Moon (any rouge mill deck cant beat this)
SB: 1 [SHM] Greater Auramancy (for agaist 5c control)
SB: 1 [LRW] Hoofprints of the Stag (5c control)
SB: 1 [SHM] Runed Halo (almost always good)
SB: 1 [ON] Mobilization (needed filler, good token maker)
SB: 1 [MR] Rule of Law (for agaist any random combo I might see)
SB: 4 [10E] Condemn (more removal if I need it)

as for my match ups I have trouble agaist anything that runs more then 4 cryptics for counters, but theres not much I can do about that, since fea is falling out of vouge right now Im not too concerned since I can usally sneek at least 1 win con past 5c control and just use my removal to stay alive at that point.

Agaist aggro: hope to find a wrath by turn 4, if you dont see one by turn 3 start playing your removal and tutor for your sigil.

Agaist control: remove any threat they try to play, and hope to find an elspeth or sigil by turn 4/5 (not to hard to do with the tutors)

Agaist combo: Hope they dont go off game 1, side in what ever you need to stop them games 2/3
Egnirys

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it at a glance
Girion

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way this deck stans a chance is if it gets off sigil quickly and with no mana accel, and u chucking every enchant u have to try and stay alive, i dont see it being super.

The issue is u autolose vs

Bitterblossom
SiegeGang
Spectral procesion
Cloudgoat

Anything that makes token you will lose to. story circle wont help when 8 guys are attacking. bitterblossom will only stem the bleeding when their guys are anthemed etc.

And your only hope to counter is wrath of god, but once u drop that you still have the worst clock to try and take advantage.

Against 5c, you wont be casting any of ur auras early since they play no quick threats. and since they will not need to chuck out counters to get to late game, the likelihood of ur sigil resolving is slim to none.

I am not trying to flame, just trying to point out that u lose to 90% of the field. Kithkin you might do okay, tho cloadgoat ill give u problems.

I do like the deck theory. And in a metagame that was different it could be good but not in this standard. Funny, this deck would prolly do better in extended than in standard.
blitzer2k7

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree...it looks good on paper, but a lot of quick aggro decks or token decks will give this deck trouble (which a good majority of the meta is currently). Also some reanimator decks might be trouble for you too.
ChuckNorris

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

runed halo obv
skilless

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was working on making this RWU since that was the only way I could think of to take out token decks but never finished it. Aura of Silence is really helpful vs esper and blossom. Also Mine Excavation will help when you get your Sigil countered. I think I originally put curse of chains in there over pacifism because I was trying to figure out how to fit Mirror-Sigil Sergeant in the deck. I really like using 4 Runed Halo in this deck. It helps vs early threats, late threats, mind shatters, etc.
SB: 4 Pyroclasm
SB: 3 Relic of Progenitus
SB: 4 Mine Excavation
SB: 4 Aura of Silence

11 Plains
4 Reflecting Pool
4 Mystic Gate
4 Vivid Meadow

2 Mind Stone
4 Lapse of Certainty
4 Idyllic Tutor
4 Wrath of God
4 Spirit Link
1 Shimmering Wings
4 Curse of Chains
4 Runed Halo
1 Story Circle
4 Oblivion Ring
1 Endless Horizons
1 Martial Coup
3 Sigil of the Empty Throne

Oh yeah, before I added shimmering wings I'd often find myself with great board position but no enchantments left to play. Just something to think about if you have the same problem.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1