Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RW Sligh

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Shards of Alara constructed
quicks1lver

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: RW Sligh Reply with quote

So this is an idea that just kind of hit me out of nowhere when playing Block w/ some friends. I went "white has tons of removal including mass removal and 2 good planeswalkers in ajani vengeant and elspeth...red has hard hitting creatures that don't stay on the board...hmm, what if I married the two?"

The end results was this deck that actually turned out being pretty good. Too bad M-L doesn't have block constructed tourneys for alara (at least it seems)...it seems like a good deck. It's very aggro, as sligh should be...and I think the mana curve is OK for this format, but I'd be more than happy to take a little advice.

Thoughts, opinions, etc from the masters?

Decklist:

// Lands
11 Mountain
12 Plains

// Creatures/Planeswalkers
4 Sigiled Paladin
3 Elspeth, Knight-Errant
2 Ajani Vengeant
4 Hellspark Elemental
4 Akrasan Squire
4 Hell's Thunder
2 Battlegrace Angel

// Spells
3 Banefire
4 Path to Exile
3 Martial Coup
2 Sigil of Distinction
2 Magma Spray

// Sideboard
SB: 2 Magma Spray
SB: 3 Oblivion Ring
SB: 4 Volcanic Fallout
SB: 3 Relic of Progenitus
SB: 3 Celestial Purge
zturchan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my experience, Battlegrace Angel is amazing if you resolve her. I would suggest 2 more copies in favour of the the 2 sigils.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Shards of Alara constructed All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1