Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MY Deck

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
svladcjelli2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: MY Deck Reply with quote

// Lands
4 [DK] Sorrow's Path
2 [LG] Cathedral of Serra
4 [HL] Wizards' School
2 [HL] An-Havva Township
8 [IA] Forest (2)
1 [HL] Aysen Abbey
3 [HL] Castle Sengir

// Creatures
4 [LG] Wood Elemental
2 [P3] Zhou Yu, Chief Commander
2 [IA] Arctic Foxes
1 [PT] Capricious Sorcerer
1 [LG] Jedit Ojanen
1 [LG] Aisling Leprechaun

// Spells
2 [LG] Cocoon
2 [LG] Teleport
2 [PT] Bee Sting
2 [HL] Truce
1 [LG] Crevasse
4 [DK] Riptide
2 [4E] Thoughtlace
1 [IA] Arcum's Whistle
1 [LG] Alchor's Tomb
4 [SOK] One with Nothing
4 [OD] Mudhole

this is a deck i made form some cards i have to play against some friends an i want to make it better. want to have some comments and feed back on the deck. Any suggestions to make it better.
ZW

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Powerful cards make up a powerful deck! Keep up the good work! Very Happy
six
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sigh, I lol'd at ZW's post
Ggerg

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait....are those real magic cards?!
EMA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the best advice i can give is that u have to focus on what your deck wants to do, even if it's just a casual deck.
Many spells u play just don't do anything and the situations where they could be good are very limited (I'm looking at you, mudhole and one with nothing).
Come Up with a strategy and decide what cards are the best for that strategy, good work!
svladcjelli2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think anyone has bothered to look up the cards i'm playing...

I guess I should explain how the deck works.

Wood Elemental allows me to sacrifice untapped forests when it comes into play to set it's power and toughness. If I have 13 lands when it comes into play, including one An-Havva Township and all 8 untapped forests, it can be an unstoppable 8/8 killing machine. This could easily happen on turn 32, with a bit of luck.

Zhou Yu, Chief Commander is a Legendary 8/8 for 5uu that can't attack unless the defending player controls an island. This card is part of a combo - more on that later.

Arctic Foxes is straightforward enough - if the defending player controls a snow land, its a strictly better Amrou Kithkin. Incidentally, this card is likely to cost 4 mana given my mana base of Homelands tri-lands.

Capricious Sorcerer is almost as good as Prodigal Sorcerer, but like a lot of Portal Cards, its ability can only be used during your turn before attackers are declared. It is for killing creatures with one toughness.

Jedit Ojanen is the second card in a 3 card combo with Zhou Yu. In case you don't know, Jedit is 4wwu for a 5/5. This makes him a white legend - perfect for use in conjunction with Cathedral of Serra, which grants all of my white legends bands with other legends. As long as the defending player controls an island, Zhou Yu and Jedit can attack together - banded - as part of the same band, ready to be blocked if need be by a single creature.

Aisling Leprechaun is a 1/1 for G that turns any creature blocking it or blocked by it green. Permanently. It's like Lifelace on legs.

Cocoon is an aura for g that can enchant a creature I control. Keep in mind that I could easily be playing this on the Leprechaun on turn 2. When cocoon comes into play, it taps the enchanted creature and puts 3 pupa counters on cocoon. As long as there are pupa counters on Cocoon, enchanted creature doesn't untap during my untap step. At the beginning of my upkeep, I remove a pupa counter from cocoon. When there are no pupa counters on cocoon, I sacrifice cocoon... and the previously enchanted creature gets a +1/+1 counter and flying! The turn after that happens, it can untap and blammo! a 2/2 flying leprechaun comin atcha turn 6.

There are many other amazing synergies in this deck. Alchor's Tomb, Riptide and Thoughtlace can combine to tap one of my creatures. Arcum's Whistle forces my opponent's creatures to attack sort of.

And One with Nothing and Mudhole practically beg to be played together. After casting One with Nothing, a topdecked Mudhole could remove Sorrows Path from the game completely.

I just realized that I need to add Chimney Imp.
EMA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I didn't actually look up all the cards and didnt realize it was a joke:)lolz
apocchime

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

svladcjelli2 wrote:

And One with Nothing and Mudhole practically beg to be played together. After casting One with Nothing, a topdecked Mudhole could remove Sorrows Path from the game completely.

dude this combo is actually better than you think. one with nnothing is an instant so if u have the mana, and im assuming you will with your consistent looking manabase you can cast the mudhole and respond with one with nothing before passing priority. bye bye sorrows path ^_^
six
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZW wrote:
Powerful cards make up a powerful deck! Keep up the good work! Very Happy
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1