MTGMadness Advertisement
Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Unoffical Magic-League Netdeckers Conference 2009

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Craze

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: The Unoffical Magic-League Netdeckers Conference 2009 Reply with quote

It's been a year or so, and I've been out of magic and back since. But with the release of Conflux the UMLNDC calls out to me again.

What is the Unoffical Magic-League Netdecker Conference?
Magic-League is a league known best for testing. Whether it's using a very popular deck like Affinity, or a very unpopular idea like a Standard deck in an Extended Tournament. We are known for religiously playing netdecks to a tee and creating the most annoying rogue decks to stifle the competition.
And so back in late 06 and idea struck me rather like a bowling ball hits pins. What if the two factors of Magic-League work together?
And thus the UMLNDC was born, a Conference open to all to participate and create a new original ideas and test them against the best decks the Standard/Extended format has to offer.

How Can I help?
Well it's rather simple. I take a sign up sheets filling people into 2 separate categories:
People playing expected netdecks in the format: Netdeckers.
People with original ideas to contribute and help throw out: Rogue Deckers.
I'll sort people into groups of four, preferably 2 netdeckers, 2 roguedeckers in each group. Then each group works together to create a deck, test, edit, test, edit. Then switch decks with another group and help work on their deck.
Hopefully, we'll create some good creative decks in each format in which I will then post in this thread(or another) with the credit going to whoever helped with that deck.

Note: We are testing with both Extended and Standard formats. Each group will have a given format.

Wanna help run a group?
I'm looking for a few managers to help run the event. You can sign up for that too.

What if I'm not a netdecker or a rogue decker?

I'm not trying to label you here. Sign up as a netdecker and grab some decks online, you'll get the opportunity to play alot of fun games and give your advice on how the deck in your group should work out.
Everyone is welcome. You don't have to be a pro or even that good, you just have to love the game and be willing to work together.

How Do I sign up?

Sign Up or ask questions by posting on this thread or pming me on irc. You can find me in #UMLNDC as Craze, Craze-Dead or TomW. Feel Free to idle and get free ops.

Nick - Role(can be non-specific) - format(can be non-specific)
(People who've volunteered as leaders/managers are in bold.)

McDrake - Netdecker - Extended
floreskiller - Netdecker -
blundercrush - Netdecker -
hawt - Netdecker - Extended > Standard
alsorhombus - Netdecker -
Sihk - Roguedecker -
SilverMcHowl - Roguedecker -
blitzer2k7(Mephidross) - Roguedecker -
Jkilla - Roguedecker - Extended
Spawn385 - Roguedecker -
Manipulation - Roguedecker - Standard
Bushviper - Netdecker - Extended
TugaChampion - Netdecker -
Crossbow - Netdecker -
Jacois - Roguedecker - Extended
rentintin3 - Roguedecker - Standard > Extended
dv8r - Roguedecker -
marten2 - Roguedecker - Standard > Extended
TheBends - Roguedecker -
[ms] - Roguedecker -
axilla - Roguedecker - Standard
rickyj - Netdecker -

-Netdecks-
(courtesy of Bushviper)

1. Download test decks from: http://rapidshare.com/files/191375093/Test_Decks.zip.html

2. You now have a group of both Standard and Extended netdecks that we will be testing against.

Last edited by Craze on Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:53 pm; edited 19 times in total
Craze

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note: I'm aiming to host the conference February 8th. At Noon EST. I am however willing to adjust the date/time to meet the most results, so suggestions are nice.

Timezone I'm using:
EST

Time Zone Chart

Noon EST is:
5 pm GMT
11 am CST
6 pm CET
9 am PST
10 am MST

Last edited by Craze on Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:15 am; edited 2 times in total
floreskiller

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign me up as a netdecker
blundercrush

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

count me in as a netdecker
hawt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sing up netdeckder/ext-standar
[ms]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

um i am a magic player, and i have the ability to think and create my own decks.. so i guess i wont go under netdeckers, granted i can play a list i find on the net, just because i find it interesting, but i am not a net decker, i play magic purely because i enjoy it nothing more nothing less, so all of you you kids, and really i mean kids stop crying, this is just a game, if it affects you so much go play pokemon.
Sihk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign me up as a rogue decker =)
floreskiller

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[ms] wrote:
um i am a magic player, and i have the ability to think and create my own decks.. so i guess i wont go under netdeckers, granted i can play a list i find on the net, just because i find it interesting, but i am not a net decker, i play magic purely because i enjoy it nothing more nothing less, so all of you you kids, and really i mean kids stop crying, this is just a game, if it affects you so much go play pokemon.

lol what?? That was the most pointless rant I've ever seen. If you don't want to join, don't join. You don't have to be rude to those who are interested.
Craze

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[ms] wrote:

dude as I said I'm not trying to label anyone, it's just easier to have two types of roles. You can be both or either, or sign up as one and play the other.
And remember, this is for fun. So if you don't want to join, don't. But if you do then we'd love to have you.
SilverMcHowl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign me up! Standard or Extended, rogue.
blitzer2k7

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sign me up as a rogue deckbuilder in either format

irc nick - Mephidross
JKilla

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign me up as roguedecker/ext, im testing an interesting deck for ptq's Very Happy
Spawn385

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got a very good idea
Sign me up as a netdecker in both formats.
boeda

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver McHowl wrote: Sign me up! Standard or Extended, rogue.

Very Happy You make me smile Silver!! We all know by now you dont care if its standard or extended.

Thanks for winning with your deck, it opened many eyes or at least mine..

grz boeda
Manipulation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noon on the 8th in what time zone?

Manipulation - Rogue/Net (whatever seems good at the moment) - Standard

I'll participate as much as school/friends permit. Razz
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3