Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Read the Card/ Do Not Use The Word NOOB Please and Thank You

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS)
Hardtime81

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:59 am    Post subject: Read the Card/ Do Not Use The Word NOOB Please and Thank You Reply with quote

<New Game: waiting for opponent>
Hardtime81 shuffles library
<Hardtime81> Lets get it on!
Hardtime81 draws 0 cards
vixtrah shuffles library
<vixtrah> I am ready.
vixtrah draws 0 cards
<-------- New Game Started -------->
Hardtime81's Security Code: BFFDDA19 [???]
vixtrah's Security Code: 78A74813 [???]
It is now turn 1 (vixtrah)
It is now the Beginning Phase, Untap Step
vixtrah rolled a 17, using a 20 sided die
vixtrah shuffles library
Hardtime81 rolled a 6, using a 20 sided die
vixtrah shuffles library
<Hardtime81> p/d
<vixtrah> pl
vixtrah shuffles library
vixtrah draws 7 cards
<Hardtime81> ok
Hardtime81 draws 7 cards
<Hardtime81> kp
<vixtrah> keep
vixtrah plays Forest from Hand
<vixtrah> End my turn
It is now turn 2 (Hardtime81)
It is now the Beginning Phase, Draw Step
Hardtime81 draws a card
It is now the Precombat Main Phase
Hardtime81 plays Mutavault from Hand
It is now the Postcombat Main Phase
It is now the End Phase, End Of Turn Step
<Hardtime81> End my turn
It is now turn 3 (vixtrah)
vixtrah draws a card
vixtrah plays Adarkar Wastes from Hand
vixtrah taps Forest
vixtrah plays Birds of Paradise from Hand
It is now the End Phase, Cleanup Step
<vixtrah> End my turn
It is now turn 4 (Hardtime81)
Hardtime81 draws a card
Hardtime81 plays Island from Hand
Hardtime81 taps Island
Hardtime81 plays Unsummon from Hand
vixtrah puts Birds of Paradise to Hand from Play
Hardtime81 puts Unsummon to Graveyard from Play
It is now the Postcombat Main Phase
It is now the End Phase, End Of Turn Step
<Hardtime81> End my turn
It is now turn 5 (vixtrah)
vixtrah untaps his/her permanents
It is now the Beginning Phase, Upkeep Step
vixtrah draws a card
vixtrah plays Mystic Gate from Hand
vixtrah taps Forest
vixtrah taps Adarkar Wastes
vixtrah taps Mystic Gate
vixtrah's life total is now 19 (-1)
vixtrah plays Vendilion Clique from Hand
Hardtime81 plays Flamekin Brawler from Hand
Hardtime81 plays Boomerang from Hand
Hardtime81 plays Guile from Hand
Hardtime81 plays Mutavault from Hand
Hardtime81 plays Brighthearth Banneret from Hand
Hardtime81 plays Shunt from Hand
<Hardtime81> pick
<vixtrah> Thinking
<Hardtime81> r ok it goe in lib
Hardtime81 puts Shunt to Hand from Play
Hardtime81 puts Flamekin Brawler to Hand from Play
Hardtime81 puts Boomerang to Hand from Play
Hardtime81 puts Brighthearth Banneret to Hand from Play
Hardtime81 puts Mutavault to Hand from Play
Hardtime81 puts a Guile on top of Library from Play
<vixtrah> ???
<vixtrah> it goes on the bottom:S
<vixtrah> why did you shufle?
<Hardtime81> it go into lib and shuffle
Hardtime81 is looking its Library...
<vixtrah> read the card
Hardtime81 puts Guile into play from Library
<Hardtime81> read it
<vixtrah> so...???
<vixtrah> it doesnt go to graveyard
<Hardtime81> it go to lib and i shuffle
<Hardtime81> nope
<vixtrah> goes on the bottom of your library
<Hardtime81> no
<vixtrah> you' are a noob
<vixtrah> sry
<Hardtime81> when is put inot graveyard from anywhere
<System> Player Lost
Hardtime81 stops looking its Library...
1. Guile
Lorwyn rare
Creature - Elemental Incarnation
6/6
Guile can't be blocked except by three or more creatures.
If a spell or ability you control would counter a spell,
instead remove that spell from the game and you may play
that card without paying its mana cost. When Guile is
put into a graveyard from anywhere, shuffle it into its
owner's library.

2. I am not a NOT A NOOB. I am sick and tired of ya using the word NOOB it fells like a curse word please don't use the Word NOOB to new players they do not like it. And if you would say something like (welcome to msw). It would make our New Players Feel more Welcome to play at M-L.
djanello

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(edit; Hardtime is trying to make a point about a lot of players being rude which I do happen to agree with.)

Guile doesn't go to the grave, (vendillion clique doesn't let you discard) it's put on the bottom of the library, which means that vixtra is correct rules wise.

After this happens, Vixtra shows a huge amount of bad sportmanship by calling Hardtime a noob without explaining why it happens.

Vixtra is the kind of player that I'd rather avoid online.

Hardtime is wrong here ruleswise, but it does not change the fact that Vixtra is bad for online magic. There are a lot of players like that unfortunately and it's a big problem when trying to play a ptq format.

Last edited by djanello on Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:28 am; edited 3 times in total
Craze

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either I'm REALLY misreading this... or you are a noob...

Quote:
When Vendilion Clique comes into play, look at target player’s hand. You may choose a nonland card from it. If you do, that player reveals the chosen card, puts it on the bottom of his or her library, then draws a card.

I really don't see why you think the thing should go the graveyard...

EDIT - score one for logic

[10:18] <Craze-Dead> http://www.magic-league.com/phpBB/about10987.html
[10:18] <Craze-Dead> your aware that the card would go to the bottom
[10:18] <Craze-Dead> and not be shuffled
[10:18] <Craze-Dead> right?
[10:19] <Hardtime81> no
[10:19] <Hardtime81> read em
[10:19] <Hardtime81> last text on card
[10:19] <Hardtime81> if it where to be put into grave yard
[10:19] <Hardtime81> from any where
[10:19] <Craze-Dead> why would it be put into the graveyard
[10:19] <Hardtime81> put it into ur deck and
[10:19] <Craze-Dead> ?
[10:19] <Hardtime81> shuffle
[10:19] <Craze-Dead> why would it be put into the graveyard?
[10:20] <Craze-Dead> what was sending it to the graveyard?
[10:20] <Hardtime81> he choose the card tpo be put their
[10:20] <Hardtime81> by the other opps card
[10:20] <Hardtime81> yes
[10:20] <Craze-Dead> he used Vendilion Clique to choose Guile
[10:20] <Hardtime81> by discard effect
[10:20] <Hardtime81> choose a card from opp
[10:21] <Hardtime81> yup
[10:21] <Craze-Dead> ok so why would the card be put into the graveyard?
[10:21] <Craze-Dead> When Vendilion Clique comes into play, look at target player’s hand. You may choose a nonland card from it. If you do, that player reveals the chosen card, puts it on the bottom of his or her library, then draws a card.
[10:21] <Hardtime81> by the effect of
[10:21] <Craze-Dead> its not a discard effect
[10:21] <Hardtime81> ya but read my effect
[10:22] <Craze-Dead> yes but Guile's ability only activates WHEN it goes to the graveyard
[10:22] <Craze-Dead> nothing was sending it to the graveyard
[10:22] <Hardtime81> err the not the only issue
[10:22] <Craze-Dead> that was the issue you were complaining about on the forums
[10:23] <Hardtime81> i must of miss read it 2
[10:23] <Craze-Dead> so really, he was right
[10:23] <Hardtime81> err no him calling me a NOOB
[10:23] <Hardtime81> i guess
[10:24] <Hardtime81> i will fix it to get dont call new players NOOBS
[10:24] <Hardtime81> thnks for the help haas
Hardtime81

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:28 am    Post subject: Just Reread Card Reply with quote

Sorry but ur right bout that Just do not use the Word NOOB Please and thank you.
djanello

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hardtime should not be apologising!!

Vixtra was being rude, hardtime did not know any better at the time.
Craze

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rosella wrote:
Hardtime should not be apologising!!

Vixtra was being rude, hardtime did not know any better at the time.

Hardtime's original post(before his edit) was that he was right and Vixtra should of read the card. But in actuality, Hardtime didn't read Vendilion Clique and he was wrong.

Now there are 2 general situations in which one of the players will call the other a "noob." The first is when one of the players is a sore loser and loses. This is generally the most common of the two and also the one where the player who shouts "noob" generally is the noob, or at least an idiot.
The second situation is when one of the players does something REALLY stupid, and the other is an ****. There are a few times in which this situation occurs, like when Dakkon555 tried to stifle a counterbalance or in this situation with Hardtime when he was telling someone else to read the card when in fact he was the person who didn't read them.

The fact is that this is the internet, which means people are going to be assholes, they are going to be rude, and if you don't like being called a noob then perhaps you should stop playing mtg, because even if you get better and don't make stupid mistakes, you are still gonna get called a "noob" by the sore losers.
Serigado

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

craze wrote:

The second situation is when one of the players does something REALLY stupid, and the other is an ****. There are a few times in which this situation occurs, like when Dakkon555 tried to stifle a counterbalance or in this situation with Hardtime when he was telling someone else to read the card when in fact he was the person who didn't read them.

but you can actually stifle a counterbalance... it's only stupid if there's a 1cmc card on top. Smile
djanello

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol @ noobmellow.

It actually took a little time to figure out that sarcasm regarding elfball Wink

Unfortunate though that people feel the need to be an 'ass'. Why don't we all just be happy and get along? Sad
warp_gaming

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but uh... you obviously ARE a noob. i'm sorry dude but read the ******* card. I mean, you obviously didn't read clique, and guile DOES get put back into ur library, but you blatantly don't get to shuffle. I mean, it's pretty obvious to anyone who reads both of these cards that you don't get to shuffle.

"noob" might be considered a curse word to you, but get over it. when you're THAT wrong, and i mean you were REALLY REALLY wrong, you deserve to be called a noob. when you argue so vehemently, as you obviously did, in your own post, that what you did, which was blatantly wrong, was correct, you are a noob. if it was an honest mistake, fine, but at least take the time to read your own cards.

Quote:

[10:20] <Craze-Dead> he used Vendilion Clique to choose Guile
[10:20] <Hardtime81> by discard effect
[10:20] <Hardtime81> choose a card from opp
[10:21] <Hardtime81> yup
[10:21] <Craze-Dead> ok so why would the card be put into the graveyard?
[10:21] <Craze-Dead> When Vendilion Clique comes into play, look at target player’s hand. You may choose a nonland card from it. If you do, that player reveals the chosen card, puts it on the bottom of his or her library, then draws a card.
[10:21] <Hardtime81> by the effect of
[10:21] <Craze-Dead> its not a discard effect
[10:21] <Hardtime81> ya but read my effect
[10:22] <Craze-Dead> yes but Guile's ability only activates WHEN it goes to the graveyard
[10:22] <Craze-Dead> nothing was sending it to the graveyard
[10:22] <Hardtime81> err the not the only issue
[10:22] <Craze-Dead> that was the issue you were complaining about on the forums
[10:23] <Hardtime81> i must of miss read it 2
[10:23] <Craze-Dead> so really, he was right
[10:23] <Hardtime81> err no him calling me a NOOB
[10:23] <Hardtime81> i guess
[10:24] <Hardtime81> i will fix it to get dont call new players NOOBS
[10:24] <Hardtime81> thnks for the help haas

also, yet ANOTHER post (quoted above), you were arguing yet AGAIN that you were right, which you obviously aren't. read both the cards. you dont get to shuffle. guile doesnt hit the grave. it's obvious to anyone that knows their ass from a hole in the ground. and then, after you get a 2nd opinion... about words that are printed right on the card, no less, that makes it completely apparent that you do NOT get to shuffle (3rd grade reading level ftw?) you decide to change the post from "wah wah wah i've been wronged look at this guy being a dick when he's so obviously wrong i mean clique totally makes guile hit the grave wah wah wah i can't read wah wah wah take my side guys come on!" to this moral high ground bullshit attitude that ur just sick of getting called a noob. you ARE a noob. when you become not a noob, people will stop calling you a noob. jewish people don't complain about being called jewish, because its what they are. you're complaining about being called a noob. it's a label. cease being a noob and you getting called a noob will also cease. or it would have, if you didn't make this thread about how big of a noob you are, which will be on the archives of these forums forever. congratulations, you may as well just get a giant tattoo on your forehead and every other highly visible portion of you body that says "NOOB" because you will never, ever, ever live this down. unless you win a PT main event or something, in which case you will get a giant check and be able to afford to get the tattoo removed.

this isn't even that hard of an interaction to understand. guile has a triggered ability when he hits the grave. did he hit the grave? no? ok then it doesn't trigger. it's not like it's a stacking issue or confusion about when state-based effects are checked or even a question of who has priority during a certain phase, all of which are common rules problems. this is you not knowing what the cards you're playing with do. whining on these forums is hardly going to get you sympathy from anyone. so the guy was an ass to you. boohoo. you gonna quit your job every time your boss yells at you cuz you broke the rules? you gonna quit school every time a teacher doesn't let you get away with cheating on a test? why would you expect any different treatment here? to quote Walter from The Big Lebowski "This isn't 'nam, Donny. There are rules."

bottom line is, you getting berated and getting called a noob is exactly what you deserve. maybe do avoid getting harassed next time you'll read the cards and know the rules
OldBear

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their are two problems here

1. it can be exceptionally frustrating when you know the rules and someone who clearly does not is arguing with you. Anyone is only going to have so much patience with a person before they get fed up with the person and just right them off as too stupid to understand. If your not fully brushed up on the rules do not try and act like you are or if you do not like this get brushed up on the rules.

2. The way people behave on the internet is shamefull just because they can and are two cowardly to do so in real life. The looking down on players for being new just shows what an elitist and rich kids game magic is, just try to avoid getting like that yourself its actually pretty damn hard too if you get good as it is a socail norm, certainly here on magic-league perhasp more to an extreme than anywhere else.

Mainly due to the fact this site seems to appeal more to young less mature players than other options and secondly because for most players it has become a norm its what was said to them by better players when they made plays like that when they were just starting out, so now too feel like that better player there now saying it you.

Sometimes you just can not help it your a competative player you quickly learn to scorn mistakes and be as harsh on yourself for making them as you are good at punishing other people for making them. When your losing to someone who has made three four five major errors that should have by all means if luck was fair lost them the game its hard to take it in your stride I have real difficulty dealing with this still. Often its more frustration than anything else that fuels these remarks and that manifests in comments like 'noob' if you look at it as just anger and either luck or a lack of ability on the other players own part rather than a personal attack it helps a little.
Craze

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the important lesson is that there are assholes on the internet. And that they outnumber the non-assholes and that there is nothing you can do about it.

And then even if someone is not an **** they're most likely an idiot, for example:

noobmellow wrote:

yah thats a good point. i have a lot more balls on the internet. like in real life i am polite and stuff but hear i enjoy pissing ppl off etc. and making jokes. its also interesting to note that ppl can't tell my sarcasm on the internet. i post shitty decks for fun. it humors me to see how ppl get pissed off at the "stupidity" of others. all and all it just feels good to be an ass sometimes. it gives you a feeling of power and control.

its ok... live with it. your a noob. deal with it.

ps. remember that time i comboed out elfball and you thought you lost cuz i had 0 cards in my libaary. i think you need to work on your reading comphrension etc. like take an sat course or something. ppl will call you noob. they call my creative decks noob.

OldBear

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree with the notion there is nothing you can do about it. You can always not conform to the social norm there is this thing called minority infuence its how women got the vote, black people achieved equality, gays are getting closer to equal rights.

You can make a differnce by not conforming and saying actively this attitude is wrong and here is why and if you have a good enough argument then you will be able to influence people, thoose people influence other people and soon it becomes a social norm itself and that my friend is a beautifull thing called change.
YTheAlien

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a reminder that Hardtime81 pretends to be a judge in PM and also sends out mass invites to channels for no reason other than to try and become popular.

Go fuck yourself Hardtime81!
Thargoid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patience, tolerance and compassion. I see very little here in this thread with a few exceptions. How sad and lonely it must be for those angsty, insecure individuals that feel the need to lash out in order to make themselves feel better, baying at the opportunity to jump out and put someone down as if by doing so it would excuse their own inadequacies and shortcomings. Of course, as you very well know deep down, it doesn't work like that.

It's sad because there is self-delusion in thinking that it will work, and I believe that self-delusion can echo onto other aspects of their lives. Thankfully though, it doesn't have to be that way, people can change if they choose to, I don't believe anyone is irredeemable.
YTheAlien

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thargoid wrote:
Patience, tolerance and compassion. I see very little here in this thread with a few exceptions. How sad and lonely it must be for those angsty, insecure individuals that feel the need to lash out in order to make themselves feel better, baying at the opportunity to jump out and put someone down as if by doing so it would excuse their own inadequacies and shortcomings. Of course, as you very well know deep down, it doesn't work like that.

It's sad because there is self-delusion in thinking that it will work, and I believe that self-delusion can echo onto other aspects of their lives. Thankfully though, it doesn't have to be that way, people can change if they choose to, I don't believe anyone is irredeemable.

nice first post, don't make any more, they just can't top this masterpiece
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2