Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

conflux.dec (no decklist yet)

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
varno345

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: conflux.dec (no decklist yet) Reply with quote

well i've been looking over past events and the new conflux card set and one card really stood out to me as an I Win card that card was conflux

3UBRGW sorcery
search ur library for a red, black, white, blue and green card put them into ur hand then shuffle ur library afterwards.

I need help developing an aggro control or combo list that supports this card any input would be helpful...Also this card really reminds me of teachings and gifts ungiven, so ill start off by suggesting putting a "toolbox" type list together that deals with alot of the meta game.
Cannabeizen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That card really has no place in competitive, constructive magic. Maybe...MAYBE, in limited.

I see your idea, but the mana cost and spell speed make it a very weak card. I don't think that card is enough of a bomb to make a deep impact in type 2.

Then again, who knows?
Spyx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You pay 8 mana and it doesn't even do anything that turn. Terrible. Cruel Ultimatum is soo much better.
varno345

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually it did stand out but conflux is so much more powerful in theory, but wat about if u combine it with either bloomtender or fertile ground/garruk wildspeaker shenanigans then do u guys think it could be reasonable?
ik
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it said PLAY the cards THEN you could do it...
Alvaro21k

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may have a place in vintage, now that dream halls is unrestricted...
varno345

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok then im just gonna laugh at all of u when i put it in a 5c deck and start wrecking people at my local fnm and my future states/regionals tournament.
dv8r

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was so close to helping you before you made that last comment.....

and to all the haters, tooth and nail costs 7 how can that card possibly be good, right?

EDIT: I feel like pointing out that you might be thinking of the wrong format if you are thinking t2 varno, think extended or legacy instead. (although I CAN see it working in t2, but not as a centrepiece to any deck)
varno345

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not considering it to be the center piece...i just want it in a 5c ramp deck that uses garruk/fertile ground to excel into bombs, but that will be the card draw and i can have some cool bombs in there too.
Spyx

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tooth and nail costs 7 but it actually wins you the game right when you resolve it.
when you finally resolve this you will probably win the next turn, leaving your opponent plenty of time to react/find answers.

I guess it's nice with dream halls in vintage.
OldBear

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its worth pointing out that tooth and nail is alot easier to cost mana wise than this, not that should be too much of a problem atm.

The big thing is yes it does not win you the game the turn you cast it and if your looking to play same jank complicated combo after you reslove it and win it will not take long before people start waiting until after you have cast the spell to make use of their hand disruption be it thoughtseize or sculler. Granted you have enough scope with what you can get that it can probably be worked around, and if you can make it so it can take 2 hits hand wise after its resolved than maybe you might have something to work with.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way to use it in Standard would be under Hideaway.

The best one is Windbrisk Heights, so you could use it in a token deck. The cards you fetch should not cost a lot to play, since you will ideally want to play multiple cards that turn and wouldn't have that much mana after tapping down 2 to activate Heights.

* The deck must not necessarily be 5 colours, but you would want to fetch 5 cards with it. The multicoloured cards with split casting cost like for instance Figure of Destiny are therefore very good fits with this card.

* You must play a vivid manabase which concentrates on 2 colours and splash the rest.

* Most cards in the deck must therefore be of those 2 colours. This is because it takes some time to assemble all the needed colours, so the majority of the low cc cards needs to be easy to play.

* You will lose 10 000 / 10 000 games vs Faeries and other counter-heavy decks. So have no illusions.
varno345

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok well here's the decklist:
4 reflecting pool
4 vivid creek
3 rupture spire
3 vivid meadow
2 adarkar wastes
2 exotic orchard
2 vivid marsh
2 mystic gate
1 twilight mire
1 rugged prairie
1 cascade bluffs

4 mulldrifter
3 broodmate dragon
2 archon of justice
1 oona, queen of the fae

4 cryptic command
3 condemn
3 wrath of god
3 remove soul
3 ajani vengeant
2 tidings
2 path to exile
2 volcanic fallout
2 conflux
1 cruel ultimatum

sideboard (as it is atm)
1 volcanic fallout
2 cloudthresher
3 negate
2 primal command
2 runed halo
1 banefire
3 esper charm
1 path to exile

as you can see this deck is capable of winning without conflux, but it's just used as a search tool, in case i run out of card advantage or need to find cruel ultimatum fast.
Any suggestions or comments that are supportive would be helpful, so far this deck is 20-0 in matches against various decks.
varno345

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually no i didn't lie about my results, you can blame the scrubs on mws for the results......
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you will have to ask yourself at one point, is whether or not Conflux makes the deck better.

That decklist is capable of winning without Conflux, that is true. But is it optimal with Conflux in there? Is it needed? Is it even necessary?

Using the same argument, I am sure you could go 20-0 against various decks (on m-l) with 2 Bog Hoodlums instead of Conflux. Hell! I am sure you could beat face with Hoodlums game after game, having a good (evil) laugh all the while.
- But I assure you, the deck wouldn't be optimized with that waste of cardboard in it.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3