Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

T2 green mana ramp

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
wiltstorm

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: T2 green mana ramp Reply with quote

this is a list i came up with, in testing it has performed pretty good. the basic idea is to get early acceleration from llanowar elves and birds of paradise. then play a keeper of progenitus or mana reflection while playing cards like woodfall primus or regal force. the real win condition is primalcrux+spitting image. i would appreciate any suggestions

24xforest

4x garruk wildspeaker
4x woodfall primus
3x birds of paradise
4x primalcrux
4x keeper of progentius
4x regal force
3x llanowar elves

3x spitting image
4x primal command
3x mana reflection

i also need help with the sideboard this is my current one

3x gleeful sabotage
4x raking canopy
4x gaea's herald
4x eyes of the wisent

ty Very Happy
GoneBananas
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

first of all ramp needs wrath effects and removal such as firspout wrath etc which is why it was never just green secondly it seems u run sub optimal accelerants. run fertile ground rampant growth etc
ChiDoRiE

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mana reflection really?
prauch

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you wanna play a ramp deck play jund ramp. It still has good matchups vs fae and kithkin maybe tokens idk. But still gets wrecked by 5cc, but every deck has a bad matchup. thats how it is in this Rock Paper Scissors format
Kholdstare42

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you want to run mono green..i would definantly consider some sort of combination of rampant growth/fertile ground/mind stone. mind stone is great because it allows you to draw cards which green cant usually do (no harmonize = frown town). I would put in cloud thresher and chameleon colossus, they were pretty standard in the old rg ramp decks. primal command is also awesome if you wanted to run some toolbox creatures, and gaining 7 life against the rdw decks is huge. kitchen finks would also be a nice add. hope this helps!
Dracon_ian

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the skeletons of a ramp deck which comes to mind;

16 Forests
4 Treetop village

4 llanowar elves
4 rampant growth
3 devoted druid
3 cloudthresher
4 chameleon collossus
4 Garruk Wildspeaker
3 Primalcrux
4 woodfall primus
4 mind stone
4 primal command
3 Kitchen finks

SB:
4 vexing shusher
3 Raking canopy
3 gleeful sabotage/naturize
2 eye of the wisent
3 fire spout
Dracon_ian

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just played it online, wasn't playing an esspecially brilliant deck, but won happily.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An earlier discussion of mana ramp decks concluded that 4 Gift of the Gargantuan was absolutely necessary.

Also, Mono Green doesn't work that well. Even with Loxodon Warhammer on a big creature, aggro becomes too hard to beat. You either need loads of blockers (i.e token engine) or sweepers.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1