Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

100 card T2 singleton

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
Jacois

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: 100 card T2 singleton Reply with quote

I would like to inform everybody of 100 card T2 singleton. The format involves making a 100 card deck with no more than 1 of any spell or non-basic land.

I started playing this format thx to Sativa who made several mini's. I was skeptical at first, but the format is breathtaking. It is very skill intensive as the games take longer than a normal T2 match, and predicting your opponents next move is nigh impossible.

I highly endorse this format and urge everyone to give it a try. You won't regret it. Games are a little hard to come by, but I've found my decks to be competitive with non tier 1 T2 decks.

GL, and I look forward to playing you in the exciting new (new to me) format!
Kaesh

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: 100 card T2 singleton Reply with quote

Jacois wrote:
It is very skill intensive as (...) predicting your opponents next move is nigh impossible.

Are you serious?
FreshVeggies

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, he is. In type 2 you can just memorize what people play in Faeries, 5cc, RDW, and WW, but now you have to actually play against a deck you've probably never seen before.
Blancoke

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol
Isn't that part of the skill?? Knowing what your opponents will do, to be prepared for it, allways be a step further then your opponent, Sideboard cards that neutralize their sideboarded cards??

Skill
Carnubak

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it certainly takes a lot more skill and Magic theory to enter a format cold than it takes to play a format where you are already familiar with the metagame and the options at your disposal.
He's referring to a format that is unlike Standard in that each deck can only contain one single copy of each card that is not a basic land. Furthermore, as decks have 100 cards, the variety of threats you can face makes it difficult to predict what your opponent's deck will have in it.
Besides, I think that the format is 100 card Singleton without sideboards, am I right?
It takes a lot of knowledge of the format as a whole. You need to know which cards are available in each color (and with last block's hybrids and heavy color fixing, it's even harder to predict what could be in a certain deck).
In my experience, each time you enter a new format, you need to be paying a lot of attention to the new aspects of that particular format. Once you get accustomed to the most common decks, strategies and cards, then you are ready to take the next step and try to predict your opponent's moves.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1