Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BRg Tokens - The New Sensation on T2?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
JGMattos

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: BRg Tokens - The New Sensation on T2? Reply with quote

Hey , I played with this BRg tokens list for a while and i liked a lot what a saw. could it be this deck the surprise of states? it has goodmatchup against Fae , RDW , Qnt , BG Rock and the kits are your badmatchup i guess ( cuz was the only matches that i loss with then xD) . Here's my list , it's based on JohnRambo's list that made T4 in the Trial, with some changes of mine (grave pact) , let me know what u think about this list and if the tokens really have the power to become a tier 1 deck in this new meta.

4 savage lands
4 auntie's hovel
4 karplusan forest
4 reflecting pool
3 graven cairns
3 fire-lit thicket
2 sulfurous spring

4 mogg fanatic
4 nantuko husk
4 sprouting thrinax
3 marsh flitter
3 siege-gang commander
2 shriekmaw

4 sarkhan vol
4 bitterblossom
4 goblin assault
2 grave pact
2 torrent of souls

side
4 magma spray
4 eyes of the wisent
3 chaotic backlash
2 raking canopy
1 torrent of souls
1 grave pact
bedlam

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: Surprise? Reply with quote

I dont think anyone who sits down across from a BRg token deck tomorrow is going to be "surprised". Its a pretty common deck right now as it is highly resistant to removal.
cmc
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Furystoke Giant is the best 5cc card for the tokens deck. It lets you win games that you have no reason to win, something that neither torrent nor SGC does. Goblin Assault is bad in general, and the curve you have right now is terrible. Beating kithkin is a dream unless you get some lower drops. Dragon fodder is a solid 2-drop for this deck, and synergizes well with furystoke.
Husapi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmc
Maerugo1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goblin Assault is a bad main deck card since it makes all your gobos have to attack. Which is good against the toast match up and most time Fae but any other kind of aggro it sucks. they have bigger creatures and just wait a turn or so and block and take them out. But its a MVP against the "Wrath" decks. Here's my list. Its a lil more mid range which i have been playing and doing quite well. I don't have time to play in trials here but in FNM i am 10-1-2 the last 2 weeks. With the meta being heavy Toast variants.

// Lands
2 [SHM] Fire-Lit Thicket
2 [LRW] Mountain (1)
4 [LRW] Swamp (4)
1 [SHM] Graven Cairns
4 [SHM] Reflecting Pool
4 [ALA] Savage Lands
3 [10E] Sulfurous Springs
1 [9E] Karplusan Forest
2 [10E] Llanowar Wastes
1 [EVE] Twilight Mire

// Creatures
3 [SHM] Furystoke Giant
4 [ALA] Sprouting Thrinax
3 [10E] Mogg Fanatic
4 [LRW] Marsh Flitter
4 [10E] Nantuko Husk

// Spells
4 [MOR] Bitterblossom
3 [SHM] Torrent of Souls
4 [LRW] Thoughtseize
2 [ALA] Sarkhan Vol
2 [LRW] Profane Command
3 [LRW] Lash Out

// Sideboard
SB: 2 [ALA] Naturalize
SB: 3 [ALA] Goblin Assault
SB: 3 [SHM] Fulminator Mage
SB: 3 [SHM] Kitchen Finks
SB: 4 [SHM] Guttural Response

I have tested hours with it and this deck fits me and my style of play. Hopefully this will give you a fresh look. Please no flamming about the deck cause i dont care if you dont like my deck, and it wont help out the man who created the post. GL HF
cmc
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maerugo is right on with the Goblin Assault analysis. IT seems like it's good in the sb.

As for your list, how is it working out with six 5ccs as well as Profane Command and 24 lands? It seems like you would have trobuel getting the 5th mana sometimes, whoich can cost you the game.

The biggest problem I've found for this deck is the mana curve. With the loss of shadow guildmage, warmarshal, and gargadon the deck has some troubles in the early game, especially if kithkin curves out. It also causes trouble when we're the beatdown against toast. What early drops can we use to solve both problems?
bedlam

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: lashout Reply with quote

Maerugo1, I was very surprised to see lashout in your main deck. There have been so many games where I've been sitting there WISHING my planeswalkers were shocks.

Nice little piece of tech there.
Invader

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goblin Assault is nice in SB.

U use 3x Shriekmav Main to survive early Kithkinaggro. Its also great with torrent. ANd 2x Thoughtseize i test already Maindeck.

I would also play some Kitchen Finks. Yes i know u say Kitchen finks in token??? But u really need them. First to survive early Pressure. Second to handle Colossus and maybe Oversoul of Dusk or something. And third to dont get killed by Bitterblossom + early aggro. And the cool thing is it survies Wrath same as the lizard.
Next Point the lizard: --> 4x Torrent of Souls its simply the wincondition wrath then torren with saprolings and SWING. Also great with shriekmav as i said.

PLS Discuss i post a list:

Fire-Lit Thicket 3
Swamp 3
Treetop Village 4
Llanowar Wastes 3
Reflecting Pool 3
Savage Lands 4
Twilight Mire 3
Karplusan Forest 3
Sarkhan Vol 3
Torrent of Souls 4
Bitterblossom 3
Grave Pact 3
Thoughtseize 2
Nantuko Husk 4
Kitchen Finks 4
Sprouting Thrinax 4
Shriekmaw 3
Puppeteer Clique 2
Marsh Flitter 2

Sideboard:
Mind Shatter 2
Cloudthresher 1
Thoughtseize 2
Resounding Thunder 4
Guttural Response 1
Goblin Assault 4
Grave Pact 1

SB can be sure improved Very Happy
trueeevil

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so uh, why does that list have kitchen finks.
DrAwesome

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so here is my list. The SB is a mess so help with that would be nice. Also i know i should have torrent in there but i can get myself to make room, probably should take out a planeswalker. also lash out is great in this deck.

// Lands
4 [SHM] Reflecting Pool
3 [10E] Sulfurous Springs
1 [10E] Karplusan Forest
1 [EVE] Twilight Mire
2 [SHM] Fire-Lit Thicket
1 [SHM] Graven Cairns
4 [ALA] Savage Lands
4 [ALA] Swamp (4)
2 [ALA] Mountain (3)
2 [10E] Llanowar Wastes

// Creatures
3 [LRW] Marsh Flitter
4 [10E] Mogg Fanatic
3 [SHM] Furystoke Giant
3 [10E] Nantuko Husk
4 [ALA] Sprouting Thrinax
3 [ALA] Sarkhan Vol

// Spells
4 [MOR] Bitterblossom
4 [ALA] Dragon Fodder
4 [LRW] Thoughtseize
4 [LRW] Lash Out

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [SHM] Furystoke Giant
SB: 3 [SHM] Everlasting Torment
SB: 3 [ALA] Goblin Assault
SB: 4 [SHM] Guttural Response
SB: 2 [10E] Loxodon Warhammer
SB: 2 [SHM] Torrent of Souls
Maerugo1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I have tested with and with out Lash Out. And Lash Out is far to effective. Kills BoP, Figure, Skuller, and early kithkin threat, chump block then kill a doran. All that is great, but i love the clash. It helps you find the 5th land or do 3 damage and thin out bad draws. And to CMC, The 5 drops are a lil much but I know but i only usually only play 1 and that's game. 24 mana works well with the deck. And to be honest with the Profane, i have tried various of spells, such as Mycloth, Predator Dragon, Garruk, and other spell, but plain and simple i only need a Profane for 1 giving fear to Husk. With no blockers that's game. After all testing. I have never drew a profane when i went "shit not that card" it works just to well. But for players that don't like the Profane command here I recommend Garruk. I am still trying to fit him in. But haven't found a cohesive list with him yet. Some help there would be appreciated And for the Dragon Fodder. It is no replace ment for War Marshal. I thought i could maybe, but he falls way to short. But All in all Its a fun arctype to play.
ChiDoRiE

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am really glad people are making posts like this so i will get more byes tomorrow
Invader

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tested my list against QNT very well. The 2 seize are ok in main. I hope i dont have bad mu against RDW need to test Smile
JGMattos

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

U dont need to worry with RDW , since u have blockers to his problematic dudes almost all the time, worry bout the kits , they are lethal against the tokens the most times Sad . I was thinking bout put jund charm on the side against then, cuz i use grave pact MD, so even if just my dudes were killed by jund , the kits goes away 2 xD
Invader

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think about 4x Furystoke Giant in side against Kitkhin cut Torrent in 2nd game thatfor
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2